Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Street Signs

Article about: Guys Got this pair today. I think they are of the period, who cares at the price? They are similar to one I found in the barracks here. The man had a few others but more regular names (Beeth

Default Street Signs

Guys

Got this pair today. I think they are of the period, who cares at the price? They are similar to one I found in the barracks here. The man had a few others but more regular names (Beethoven strasse, Motzart strasse). Not quite AH strasse though!

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Street Signs   Street Signs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Street Signs
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Street Signs

More finds from the forums man on the ground in Germany
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Jock, I cannot confirm the age of these exactly, but they do at least have some age to them, unlike the fake "Adolf Hitler Strasse" signs seen for sale. Just look at the acid etched finger prints on the reverse.

I was looking at a link posted in the SS forum the other night. The photos in the link were named along with address's. I noticed several were for folks who lived on "Klara Hitler Strasse" (Named after Adolf's Mother).

Cheers, Ade.

Paul, Ade,

I think they are ok, like I said there were a few more, looked like a scrap dealer as he had a lot of metal suff that was in scrap condition and they were cheap. I think the others were 2x Beethoven, 1x Motzart, 1x Verdener Str and End of Red area in English which was the Soltau/Luneburg Training area. It was also enamal but different in style. If anyone has interest in the others let me know and when I see him next time I can pick them up(€15 + post).

Jock

I think every town (and probably village) had it's own Adolf Hitler Strasse/Platz at the time, at least in Estonia we had them 1941-1944. Where did all these signs go? I mean there had to be thousands of these back then over the Europe.

I'm sure they would have been taken either as souviners or gleefully destroyed?!

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Paul, Ade,

I think they are ok, like I said there were a few more, looked like a scrap dealer as he had a lot of metal suff that was in scrap condition and they were cheap. I think the others were 2x Beethoven, 1x Motzart, 1x Verdener Str and End of Red area in English which was the Soltau/Luneburg Training area. It was also enamal but different in style. If anyone has interest in the others let me know and when I see him next time I can pick them up(€15 + post).

Jock
    Jock,

I would very much like to have a couple of these street signs . . . the Verdener Str sign especially. I really like the two you have shown as well. If they truly are €15 each, and you would not mind the trouble of shipping to the US, please send me a message here, and I'll work the details out with you in private . . .

Brad

Nice signs which appear to be 100% of the period. I have seen a lot of AH Strasse signs over the years. They were popular souvenirs with the American soldiers. I am sure that the majority of these signs in Eastern Europe were destroyed by the Soviet forces. Der Fuhrer was not very popular for the death and destruction brought to the East by the German forces.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Jock,

I would very much like to have a couple of these street signs . . . the Verdener Str sign especially. I really like the two you have shown as well. If they truly are €15 each, and you would not mind the trouble of shipping to the US, please send me a message here, and I'll work the details out with you in private . . .

Brad
    Dito, PM sent