Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.

Article about: Hello everyone, I ran into this art portfolio for sale from the 20s all the way to the early 50s. There is about 10lbs. of material. I've posted some of the more interesting, in what appears

Default Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.

Hello everyone,
    I ran into this art portfolio for sale from the 20s all the way to the early 50s. There is about 10lbs. of material. I've posted some of the more interesting, in what appears to be photos of some of his work. He must have been someone who worked with metal and jewelery. Alot of his pictures in the portfolio have sketches corresponding accordingly. He must have lived/ worked in Offenbach am Main. Google tells me this was a design hub pre and during ww2 era. Also, apparently, that's the city, where all the stolen art, was sorted, and supposedly sent back to respected places of origin. I'm assuming it was the art city of its time. The artist name is Karl Antoni, all though I can't find any information on him. Very interesting I think to say the least. I would really like to find some of the objects, he designed. Just wanted to show everybody.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.   Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.  

Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.   Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.
    P
    Many

These are really interesting. I like them a lot.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Any more? Would love to see them
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

impressive

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Some more, you can see in the first pic all the amount of files and folders, I've tried to include the more interesting or more 3rd reich items in my first post. It's cool because you can follow alot of the pieces from sketches, to photographs, to what I am guessing somewhere the items and jewellery, was eventually made, ie the photos, representing original pieces. I have more pics to come.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.   Students are portfolio 20s, 30s, etc.  

Some more

More pics

More pics

Apologies on the upside down pics, happens alot cause I only have my mobile phone you do this from. As I said before I posture the best of the pics earlier on. So the man's name is Karl Antoni. Seems to be more of a jewelry artist, and maybe a metal worker. Hope everybody enjoys. I've always really appreciated the art from this period. Again, he must have worked in Offenbach am Main, which apparently was the design hub for its time. I was amazed in the amount of info on Google and Wikipedia about this place before and after the war. Anyway, there'd 10lbs of this, very interesting indeed.

MAP
    ?

I think these are fantastic. I wonder if any of these photos of TR items match any known items. They were obviously made because they are photos. But I've seen examples of some TR items posted and the conclusions were "we will never know if it is period" (because they were art/one off, etc.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast