Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Swim suit?

Article about: sorry if this is the wrong section, but it's so far off the wall, I don't know which section to put it in, but.................Has anyone seen one of these before? I've just been offered it,

Default Swim suit?

sorry if this is the wrong section, but it's so far off the wall, I don't know which section to put it in, but.................Has anyone seen one of these before? I've just been offered it, and have no idea on price, or what it is? First thought was a "National Savings suit" but they used a straight Hakenkreuz. This one is cantered. however I believe this was made prior 1929 by J.B.Lewis & Sons, Nottingham under their Meridian label...maybe they got an order from the Nazi Party before the patent ran out in 1929.....Lewis made the interlock under licence..Interlock having been patented in 1909 by Scott & Williams.Mother of pearl buttons on shoulder

Anyone??
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swim suit?   Swim suit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swim suit?
    P
    Many

I think you ought to model it for us Jonno, I bet you look a bit like an older version of Tom Daley.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I have the 2 volume set of "Sport in the Third Reich" and this is not in there, as they have several "bathing suit" type items within. Not sure if this was for a specific "sect" of the Military or Political - but would rather venture for "civilian attire?"

However - my help only being its not in the book Sir......

Duff

British National War Savings Committee, established in 1916...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Swim suit? 

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think you ought to model it for us Jonno, I bet you look a bit like an older version of Tom Daley.....
    Ned, I look nothing like TD let alone an older one My thanks go out to Duff, for taking the time and Glenn for confirming what I originally thought. War savings, but I was a little confused as I thought that had finished by 1929.

Maybe a swimming team club emblem, i know a few sports teams used the swastika in the early 20th century!..