Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Article about: All, there is an inscription on this beer tankard that I'm trying to find some history on if possible. The inscription around the bottom says : Der Panzer Abw. Abt.178 gewidmet von Oberarzt

Hey Glenn ! Thanks for the reply guy. The white stuff looks like polish residue or something. I think the family tried to clean it before I got it. I got most of it off but it was hard to get it out of the letters.. I run newspaper ads for German war relics and I get all kinds of stuff from families where the old vet has just passed away. They only wanted $10.00 for it along with a lot of other stuff so I really don't think it's not right. I tried running the unit on the net and it did exist. I took it to an old German, he is 92, and was from Paderborn Germany, and is an antique dealer, to try and identify it. He was in the Luftwaffe and did nor know of the unit as it was Heer. BUT... he did verify the style of engraving as definately being German. I'm going to try to research it further. Thanks so much for your input.

Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving ! Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think you may find it's the Panzerabwehr Abteilung 178 of the 78th Infantry Division which was based in Northern France 1940/41 and thereafter mainly on the Eastern Front.

Thank you Martin ! You are so helpful ! I will research it !!

God bless........... Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12