Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Third reich nazi paramilitary pewter souvenir plate from nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

Article about: Latest addition from local pawn shop hope you like "This is a wartime original 8 inch (200 mm) pewter souvenir plate from the City of Reichs Party Days - Nürnberg. It is one of at least

Default Third reich nazi paramilitary pewter souvenir plate from nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

Latest addition from local pawn shop
    hope you like

"This is a wartime original 8 inch (200 mm) pewter souvenir plate from the City of Reichs Party Days - Nürnberg. It is one of at least two very similar plates that attendees to the Nuremberg Rallies could buy and take home as their personal souvenir of the greatest annual get-together in Germany in Nazi times. This plate has nine shields around the perimeter, each containing an emblem of the state or one of its paramilitary organizations."

Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    P
    Many

Interesting...I like it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

the maker mark was hidden in the bush ,
    Attachment 683202
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage  

looks great and good to see no ones tryed to polish it.
    Are these expensive?

a recent search showed one sold for 350 Euros,
    but i have never seen one before.

https://www.militariaplaza.nl/miscel...r-plate-detail

?

Sorry, looks indeed very cool, but this one isn`t made in the here in Germany usual quality.
    As told, cool looker but in my opinion not period german.
    More a new cast fake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

But pewter is easily cast and does give good results when duplicated by casting. What to your eye gives this away as a new fake?

Its a one looker original, their pewter based and very soft, actually nicer than many others floating around and I have never seen one copied.

?

Would an original have such an enormous and unsightly casting flaw? I don't know whether these were struck or cast originally, but the one pictured here is clearly cast and not very well.

?

For me more casting faults than i can count - the example of a nice one is still given here - here a comparison with "some" shown faults.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast