Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Third Reich or not?

Article about: Hello, I'm asking a question that I think I already know the answer to. Is this small swastika Third Reich or earlier possibly English from a time when the symbol had nothing to do with Germ

Default Is this Third Reich or not?

Hello, I'm asking a question that I think I already know the answer to. Is this small swastika Third Reich or earlier possibly English from a time when the symbol had nothing to do with Germany? If it isn't German has anyone got any ideas?[ATTACH=CONFIG]936002
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Third Reich or not?   Is this Third Reich or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Third Reich or not?
    P
    Many

It could be anything. If it has anything to do with 3rd reich my guess is that could be something from Wintershilfswerk?

It certainly isn't an officially sanctioned 3rd Reich piece...considering the quality & overall impression I would say we're looking at a vintage good luck charm...perhaps for a child's bracelet...
    cheers, Glenn

Not.

I'm thinking American. I've seen other swastika jewellery enamelled almost this same colour before, and it was manufactured in the U.S. circa 1920's-30's and marked "Sterling". I have wondered in the past if there was a native american link due to the turquoise colour of it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Glenn, good luck charm for a baby probably from the 1920's or 30's.

?

Indians use it for good luck

Thanks all for your opinions. I know it's old because it was found in a collection of early to mid 20th century costume, after some internet research I was pretty certain it wasn't third reich but it's always better to get a second opinion from experts. I find that if I look for stuff like this on the net I never find another one like it ! Thanks again.

Possible also some of the 20's 30's art deco stuff I have a swaticka adorned ashtray from this period. It was quite popular stuff then in a pre war Nazi period. timothy

Thanks everyone for your input. I was correct in what I originally thought, I'm getting better at recognising when things arent state 3rd reich.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast