Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf

Article about: Hey guys, I found these two German Steins. Thoughts? Especially wondering if the skull and crossbones is what I'm hoping. Nick

Default Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf

Hey guys,

I found these two German Steins. Thoughts? Especially wondering if the skull and crossbones is what I'm hoping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf   Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf  

Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf   Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Very nice! I collect (Among other things Germanic) Beer Steins. One little tip, (You probably already know this) Check the bottoms for serial numbers and maker's mark.

George Knapp on the one with the helmet and Gambrinus on the one with the skull and crossbones. I know it's optimistic thinking the skull and crossbones is SS related, but think it is some type of German military veteran emblem?

I dont think it is SS, the style is different then most SS, and there is a lack of Swastikas or SS Runes, these pieces are probably older, Imperial Germany related.
    The skull has its Origins in the Prussian "Totenkopfhusaren".

A Husaren unit was my first thought for the presence of the skull & crossbones motif.

I was thinking Husaren unit because I think the stein is pre WWII.

CBH
    ?

The Skull stein would be WWI or before, what is engraved along the bottom of the stein?

It's an elderly lady selling them and I am guessing it's her recently passed husbands collection. I want to be fair with her - she's asking $75/each. Thoughts? She had others as well, hunting scenes, but these were the two that I liked and thought were military related.

CBH
    ?

I think that is a great price, not up on value but easily 3x that, possibly more.
    Share photos of the others if possible, I'm sure someone here will know more.
    PS even if the Skull Stein isn't military related (medical maybe) it would still be very collectable.

These were other ones she had. Opinions? Comments?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf   Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf  

Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf   Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf  

Two German steins for review. Prussian Helmet and Totenkopf  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast