Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Metal Eagles

Article about: Gentlemen, Would anybody know what these are? The first measures 19CM high X 24CM wide and seems to me to be cast from iron and chrome plated. The second measures 13CM high X 20CM (if the le

Default Two Metal Eagles

Gentlemen,

Would anybody know what these are?

The first measures 19CM high X 24CM wide and seems to me to be cast from iron and chrome plated.

The second measures 13CM high X 20CM (if the left wing was still intact) wide. It seems to be made from pot metal that is silver plated.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Metal Eagles   Two Metal Eagles  

Two Metal Eagles   Two Metal Eagles  

Two Metal Eagles   Two Metal Eagles  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Metal Eagles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Metal Eagles

my friend have two eagle ( the first model) , one made white metal and one bronze metal , i tell me its only desk decorator , very early eagle 34-35

the second its early to

Hi Richie, both your items are nice originals.

These type of eagles have been copied in various forms, from brass to cast iron, since the 1960's onwards.

They are simply decorative items and date from the earlier days of the NSDAP.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, very much.

I would be interested in knowing what their purpose was, what they adorned.
    The first one has what seems to be a retractable "stand", but the holed boss on top is confusing.
    I assume the second was on a wall, or part or a plaque of some sort.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hi Richie, The second eagle is half of an original desk eagle- early NSDAP made by HB (stamped on base), Regards, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Metal Eagles   Two Metal Eagles  

With the easel back, I imagine that the 1st eagle must have been for a table top display-most likely at meetings and such.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The easel type was used in various places , I remember seeing a period picture of a military clothing sales store and one of these was displayed in the window along with Military items-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Hi Ritchie, Pierre is right, they are early eagles, the first one is also found as a double sided version without the foldout stand and is a desk-eagle or a pole-top eagle (no-one is really sure yet), Best Regards, Michael

Hi Ritchie, The second eagle also has a different version, same maker but slightly different features.

Hi Ritchie, In regards to the "holed boss" on top that is confusing as it is in addition to the fold-back stand, this was used when the eagle was hung from a wall, here is the other model of early political eagle with the "wall hanging mounting" just like the first eagle you show, Best Regards, Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast