Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?

Article about: Hi, I just found today these to small busts online, i am thinking of maybe.. buying but first i hope that someone could help me .. As i am in no sense an expert in busts from the 3rd Reich.

Default Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?

Hi,

I just found today these to small busts online, i am thinking of maybe.. buying but first i hope that someone could help me ..
    As i am in no sense an expert in busts from the 3rd Reich.

Also i couldn't find any info on the artist W.Wolf and the other is well known Artist H.M.Ley (But im not 100% sure on her signature.

TBH if someone can just tell they are both from pre 1945 that is cool with me.
    Or just fake?Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Nice Small Adolf Bronze Busts! But are they ?Fake?

I can't comment on originality but uncle Adolf looks like he's been smoking skunk on the one marked "C". Welcome to the forum BTW!..

Hi Gunny
    Thanks
    ya funny LMAO
    Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I can't comment on originality but uncle Adolf looks like he's been smoking skunk on the one marked "C". Welcome to the forum BTW!..

?

Sorry - don't like either one , they look crude especially the names -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Hi
    Thank you for the reply,
    im trying so hard to find any info on this W.Wolf
    But i know there is a W.Wolff (2f's) which is a bit of a red flag for me
    Quote by Horst View Post
    Sorry - don't like either one , they look crude especially the names -

Horst

There is a quality to the casting that reminds me of modern metal casts.

I can't authenticate them, but I can give you a tip that artist friends of mine who work in bronze have told me: In the world of bronze sculpture, the "original" is considered to be the first 50 of a particular piece. From that point on, the mold used in molding the wax forms that are used in casting from the lost wax process will have disintegrated enough to have been deemed useless.

Accordingly, one of the original bronzes may be cast to make other, secondary bronzes, and from the cast of the original, other secondary casts of wax will be made to be used in second generation copies of the lost wax original.

But here is what happens -- The second generation bronzes will have (1) shrunk in size from their original, and (2) will have lost some detail found in the originals.

One of the questions I would ask of an expert is what is the size of a Ley sculpture of a Hitler bust? Were they only cast in bronze, or were some cast in other metals (zinc was a popular casting material later in the war). How were they signed? (Including was the signature on the piece, or was it later added by stamp and die?)

I know these are not answers, but if there is any questions in your mind about authenticity, there are the questions that I would ask.

C is like "wooooow man wtf iz dis zhit??" and A is like "you zon of a b*tch vere iz mein joint? give it to me finaly...."

Poorly cast - note all the pock marks and bubbles
    on the surface.........
    Regards,

Steve.