Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unique german eagle desk ornament

Article about: Although the phillips screw was first used around 1937 the one in the photo looks very modern. I must agree with the above posts and say it looks very put to together. Possibly from a candle

Default Unique german eagle desk ornament

Hello to every one !!
    I'm new to this forum,new in collecting german militaria and i have a first question about an unique item never seen before i guess...
    this item was picked up in a garden house from an eighty years old man in belgium near liege.
    this item was in a box with other items like uniforms and other second world war period items...
    I have not more infos about this because i bought it to a man not familiar with those kind of items and that what he told me and i have no doubt about his words!!

this items was paint with an awful old gold color... it seems that the previous owner restore it and paint it to make it better but he failed i guess...
    so i removed it clean it dry and it look the item is in copper and wood no markings maybe good trench art
    and here is the resulst, i really like it!
    i would like to have your opinion about this one
    Unique german eagle desk ornamentUnique german eagle desk ornamentUnique german eagle desk ornamentUnique german eagle desk ornament

regards
    ps :sorry about my english!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique german eagle desk ornament
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unique german eagle desk ornament

This is a strange object- the swastika is crude and wooden and it dosnt really look like a Nazi eagle at all to me. I wonder if the swastika and wreath has been inserted later.

NO - I do not like this piece - two different materials - NO !
    Unique - yes. Fake - yes.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree with Douglas 2496 that the eagle is not a nazi era item. It looks very much like the sort of inexpensive eagle we use atop the flagstaffs from which we fly the US flag on the 4th of July. It's certainly larger, but it sure looks about the same. As for the rest of it, it looks to me that some one has made this out of different materials and scrap pieces. The base and pole could be adapted from a lamp or something on that order. Interesting piece, but as Walkwolf said, "Fake." Dwight

Not an original piece...The Swastika is crude and doesn't match the eagle or the stand; An obvious addition, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

I don't like it.
    When you look closely, you'll see that the eagle is removed from the pole.
    They put a wooden swastika between the eagle and the pole.
    Also you can see a Philips screw fitted in the claws of the eagle which they have filed down badly..

hello again,
    i was sure it was not an original or "fake" as you said because the details were crude at my eyes too ,2 materials that's why i thought of trench art ^^ or "reconstruction" item.
    But i really think it is a period or late war made item that "some one has made this out of different materials and scrap pieces" ,i'm ok with that
    Thanx again for your comments , i'll keep it indeed it's still an unique and interesting piece in my opinion (not china made ) ... i think he deserve more than a place in the dustbin
    more comments are welcome !
    best regards

Someone has taken an old lamp-stand and flagpole eagle and decided to get creative, lol...I'm sure someone out there will buy it.
    cheers, Glenn

Hmm sucker(someone out there)?no! not me ^^
    i would prefer the term "newbie"
    i'll keep it so it will reminds me of my newbie period in collecting!
    regards

Good Luck in your Collecting Endeavor, friend...And welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast