Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?

Article about: Hello! I have unknown German helmet. It's small and looks like souvenir. I have few pictures which i can show you. Size: Lenght: 9,5 cm Height: 5,0 cm Can just anybody tell me is it real and

Default Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?

Hello! I have unknown German helmet. It's small and looks like souvenir. I have few pictures which i can show you.

Size: Lenght: 9,5 cm
    Height: 5,0 cm

Can just anybody tell me is it real and how much this thing costs?
    Any help is appreshiated!
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?   Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?  

Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?

Welcome to the forum

These were used as a proxy for weddings. If the German solider was away with the Army, this helmet would take his place at the wedding ceremony. It fits the cat nicely! (cat also in feldgrau, a nice touch)

Here is another thread on this type, and some pics.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...helmet-148097/

Hi, this is called a wedding helmet. These were painted for all branches of service and were given to the bride of a soilder at their wedding as a momento. They could have been bough by grooms unit for the occasion. They even had little decals on the sides. I have one myself but they are hard to find. Yours looks to have lost prett much all of its paint though so we won't know the branch of service.

Cheers
    Jason

- - Updated - -

Damn I wasnt typing fast enough and Andy beat me to it, lol. My helmet is featured in the link posted above

Jason

?

Welcome to the forum,

Nice cat in a hat!

KradSpam and Jason have explained it very well indeed. These make nice display pieces.

Regards,

Carl

How much does it cost in euros? Thanks! Peter in ESTONIA

?

They are very cool but this is the first time I have see these identified as "wedding helmets" - I have two family members that were married during the III Reich proxy style and neither one was given a miniature helmet. My guess is that these were used for awards/trophies like the ones pictured-
    One can always learn somthing new, I sure would like to see documentation or pictures relating these to proxy weddings.

Horst

Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    They are very cool but this is the first time I have see these identified as "wedding helmets" - I have two family members that were married during the III Reich proxy style and neither one was given a miniature helmet. My guess is that these were used for awards/trophies like the ones pictured-
    One can always learn somthing new, I sure would like to see documentation or pictures relating these to proxy weddings.

Horst

Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?Unknown Helmet (Souvenir) Can anyone help, please?
    Horst, I see a diference in the ones that you posted. The shields on these are not decals, it is molded into the casting. Also, I would expect to see some kind of mounting device on the inside. The original one posted is clean inside. Maybe two different purposes?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

how money this souvenir my mini helmet in euros.

thanks.