Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unusual Third Reich piece???

Article about: Ok I'm stumped on this one. I found this at an antique shop this morning. I have no idea what this is. It was with a small grouping of veteran bring backs. It measures 5" long by 4"

Quote by Horst View Post
    I guess one has to be "Older" to appreciate this as noted above Iron Stand. Im up in there in age and as a young soldier in Germany I was given one of these from my Mother in Law who went through the war married to a Heer First Sgt. - In the early days although they did have electricity(exspenvie/rare) they still used coal/oil ovens in the various rooms not only to heat the room but also the water so on ironing days they place the iron on the stove top to heat it and when using the iron they place it on this stand to turn the item they were ironing over etc- I learned something new. One has to remember that there was also a lot of "kitsch" produced throughout the III Reich.
    I would guess that in the UK they had something like this i,e a Iron stand(without the Swaz) but once again one would have to be a little older to remember this.

Didn't have all the modern comforts as we do today.
    Beautiful story and amazing information. Thank you Horst

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12