Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walking Stick With An SS Connection

Article about: Here is another nice item that I will be offering at the upcoming MAX Show. Surviving for the past sixty-plus years, this walking stick was from the Hermann Göring estate at Carinhall and la

Default Walking Stick With An SS Connection

Here is another nice item that I will be offering at the upcoming MAX Show.

Surviving for the past sixty-plus years, this walking stick was from the Hermann Göring estate at Carinhall and later in the possession of Alfred Stöhr, then a young SS
    man barely eighteen years of age who, first serving with the 11th Waffen-SS Education Regiment at Nuremburg, later was assigned as a personal SS guard of Adolf Hitler at the Obersalzberg in Berchtesgaden. Earlier he had served a short time on the front with the 8th Waffen-SS Cavalry Division.

The walking stick is made of German oak, the national tree of Germany. It was most likely from the Obersalzberg-Berchtesgaden area located in the German Bavarian Alps and for an unknown reason, had been mysteriously cut from the original size to fourteen and one half inches long.

Affixed are ten vintage and rare badges circling the walking stick, a deer with the engraved words Obersalzberg that was the area of Adolf Hitler and Hermann Göring’s estates. Below the deer is a Munich Hofbräuhaus badge, the Purtschellerhaus, St. Bartholomä, Almbachklamm, and the Kehlsteinhaus, also known as the Eagle’s
    Nest, is a chalet-style building which when built was an extension of the Obersalzberg complex built by the Nazis in the German Alps near Berchtesgaden. The Kehlsteinhaus was an official 50th birthday present for Adolf Hitler. On the backside are four badges depicting Innsbruck, Zugspitze Münchner Haus, Kaiser Wilhelm
    Denkmal – Porta Westfalica, Kitzbühl Tirol. Evidently, the original owner of this walking stick was an avid hunter.

The stick was cut most likely due to it being split from the bottom up to just below the badges. This was concluded later after I had included it in my book.
    Attached Images Attached Images Walking Stick With An SS Connection  Walking Stick With An SS Connection  Walking Stick With An SS Connection 
    Last edited by Richard Kimmel; 02-21-2014 at 09:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Walking Stick With An SS Connection
    P
    Many