Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Wall eagle marked Reno

Article about: Hi all..i saw this wall eagle (max. width 30cm) with a maker mark RENO M3/82..I' d like your opinions about it...Period done? Many thanks

Default Wall eagle marked Reno

Hi all..i saw this wall eagle (max. width 30cm) with a maker mark RENO M3/82..I' d like your opinions about it...Period done?
    Many thanks
    Wall eagle marked RenoWall eagle marked RenoWall eagle marked RenoWall eagle marked RenoWall eagle marked Reno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall eagle marked Reno
    P
    Many

I don't know if it's period but it has good detail. Nice and crisp. Reminds me of the state eagle. ..wilhelm saris if he sees this will be sure to know for certain. But even if it's not period I do like it 😉

Many thanks John 😀

Some collectors like these birds but it wouldn't be something that I would have in my collection.
    Last edited by Erich S; 03-02-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Have you tried contacting Saris?

Mil

I'm not an eagle expert, but I'm not liking this one all that much. The "face" of the eagle looks odd to me, and the reverse side edges look "rolled and smooth". Not particularly warm over the odd notched wing tip tops, either.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks a lot for help guys

Hi lucabrnroma,

John Brandon is spot on, it's a crisp and clean text book example as referred to in Wim Saris' excellent book "Third Reich Reichsbahn Eagles" page 41. "This type of eagle is almost always marked on the rim of the wings and fell under the control of the Reichszeugmeisterei (RZM). The marking is M3/82, which stands for the concern of Gruber and Company from Vienna. The indication of "RENO" stands for it's registered company marking......Wim Saris". This style of wall eagle is one of the two patterns Gruber & Co. are most well known for (the other was the Kroll opera house style) although there were other patterns produced and their wall eagles seem to be as prolific as the perhaps more well known "HB" and M3/100 eagles and can be seen in as many period photos. They also produced at least one version of a desk eagle- namely a bronze Nuremberg example. This is one of the smallest wall eagles of this style they produced but we have seen some of the larger versions posted here on the WRF previously in this post among others: Big Bird

Cheers,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wall eagle marked Reno  

Very nice Reno pieces. Michael, did you bid for it on Ratisbon's? I didn't....
    Mil

Hi Mil,

Reno (Gruber & Co.) made some beautiful wall and desk eagles and this is a wonderful example but if auctioned at Ratisbons would probably have been well outside my price range- and I much prefer the bigger birds. Peter Manzie posted an even larger example of this style on the WAF a few years back that I really like, it was a copper plated hollow tin version with the same wing markings. (Photo Peter Manzie WAF).

Cheers,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wall eagle marked Reno