Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.

Article about: Hello to all forum members. I would like to know your opinion on this wall plate Adolf Hitler. High quality picture made ​​from iron ... but I have my doubts. best regards and th

Default Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.

Hello to all forum members.

I would like to know your opinion on this wall plate Adolf Hitler. High quality picture made ​​from iron ... but I have my doubts. best regards and thanks for your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.
    P
    Many

Iron generally turns black with age. The red rust on this piece makes me think it is modern made.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I've seen a few replicas of these, but I haven't seen one with the Adler on the tie.. Google Hitler plaque and you'll see what i mean.. Looks modern to me.. Any makers marks?

Appears to be original looking at the cast and mounts. Lot of these out there, this one a little cleaner than many others but would be earlier as well. I think its good.

I think as some of you ... I see very new and modern. thanks for the comments.

Its a casting from a plaque, its iron but it would be early and its not painted that I can tell. Because its earlier its a cleaner and a heavier cast but not so clean that it raises flags. The heavier cast is offset by the larger prong mounts which would inset through the front of the plaque and seat the piece, then the very typical flat head screws would lock it in place. The red rust while a flag on occasion is not so much here. Shame really how these get knocked and the chances of that a modern are not high. Looks to be a period cast, with proper mounts that has simply been removed from its plaque base.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Its a casting from a plaque, its iron but it would be early and its not painted that I can tell. Because its earlier its a cleaner and a heavier cast but not so clean that it raises flags. The heavier cast is offset by the larger prong mounts which would inset through the front of the plaque and seat the piece, then the very typical flat head screws would lock it in place. The red rust while a flag on occasion is not so much here. Shame really how these get knocked and the chances of that a modern are not high. Looks to be a period cast, with proper mounts that has simply been removed from its plaque base.
    Thanks for your answer ... I do not know these pieces, and I'm bidding on the auction Klaus Butschek and so my doubts. Some of the auction items, has been questioned and I have fear that is also a reproduction of postwar.

I agree with Ajax...Looking at the overall detail of the face and the reverse mounts, I'm inclined to believe that this is an original, earlier 1930s piece...These can generally be found within the $100 range...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Milindre View Post
    Thanks for your answer ... I do not know these pieces, and I'm bidding on the auction Klaus Butschek and so my doubts. Some of the auction items, has been questioned and I have fear that is also a reproduction of postwar.
    You need to be careful with any dealer, Klaus has a fairly good batting average and makes a mistake here and there on items that I watch. These are fairly inexpensive and not that means something is real by any means, but its not in line with reproductions that are being done and if it were mounted up it would certainly pass any inspection, the fact that its off the mount gives people more to look at that they usually don't even see which just adds elements that most would not know.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    You need to be careful with any dealer, Klaus has a fairly good batting average and makes a mistake here and there on items that I watch. These are fairly inexpensive and not that means something is real by any means, but its not in line with reproductions that are being done by any means.
    yes, several members of the WAF also said the same thing ... well, I'm afraid anymore with this piece .... lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast