Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

War Trophy

Article about: This candle holder was brought back from Russia by my father in law who was a 1st Sgt in the german army. He was assigned to army group Mitte which made its way to the gates of Moscow. He di

?

Default War Trophy

This candle holder was brought back from Russia by my father in law who was a 1st Sgt in the german army. He was assigned to army group Mitte which made its way to the gates of Moscow. He did tell me that he picked the candle holder up out of the ruins of a Russian church.
    Guess it was used in the alter???

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Trophy   War Trophy  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Trophy
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: War Trophy

Phil - No markings although the holder portion does screw-off from the base.

The interesting thing on this is that most of what we see on the forums are items retrieved by Allied forces but very few if any items/war trophies brought back by the Axis forces. Father in Law was in the War from the beginning 100,000 man army than through France etc and to the Eastern front,he was in a "Nachrichten outfit.Indicated that he removed this holder from the ashes of a Russian Orthidox church.

I was hoping that one of our Russian members could shed some light on it based on the holders design etc.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"