Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Watch Fob???

Article about: Hello All, I have an item that I haven’t been able to identify and was hoping that someone here might know just what it is. I originally thought that it was a watch fob, but due to its size

?

Default Watch Fob???

Hello All,
    I have an item that I haven’t been able to identify and was hoping that someone here might know just what it is. I originally thought that it was a watch fob, but due to its size I’m not sure. It is 7” long, 9/16th” wide and made of sterling silver with enamel. I got this along with a Sweetheart victory allies bracelet.
    Needless to say it has me scratching my head.
    Thanks for any help that you can give.
    Watch Fob???Watch Fob???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Watch Fob???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Watch Fob???

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Certainly a good luck charm and not a product of Nazi Germany.

I would be tempted to say a watch fob too?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you, Adrain.
    A local family was cleaning out their parents house and these were found together. I made the assumption that they were from the same time frame.Attachment 362276Attachment 362277

I would say it is 1920's/1930's.

I like the sweetheart bracelet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

With that style of clip, I'd be inclined to think it's a watch fob
    - in the time frame that Ade suggests too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

the swastika, being a common decorative motif in the time frame Adrian suggests, is no surprise here.

as to it being a watch fob, a close up of the end opposite the show would tell a lot as to whether this exact purpose was it's original use.

the device for attachment to the pocket watch itself was at least somewhat constant across all manner of fobs.

Watch Fob???

although this one shows up on google images as a "nazi" watch fob, it is most certainly American.

?

The clip is the same as the one in the photo. That was what led me to think that it was a watch fob, although I didn’t think that it was pre WWII. I did think that it was strange that a swastika had "sterling" in English on the back.
    Thanks for the help.

Take a look at the photo's below. A bit of a long shot I'm afraid! The Swastika is very similar to what you have in the colour of enamel. Also note the stamp that says 'Sterling' and the little heart shaped hallmarks.

If yours looks like this then it's a pre WW1 piece made by the Paye & Baker Mfg. Co. of North Attleborough, Massachusetts.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Watch Fob???  Watch Fob??? 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.