Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque

Article about: What do you think about this bust? Is it real or fake item?

Default Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque

What do you think about this bust? Is it real or fake item?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque   Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque  

Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque   Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque  

Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque   Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrmacht soldier bust with dedication plaque

There has been one similar to this on the forum before. I think that its original
    The piece, if original, is early 30's at the beginning of the Nazi regime. Note the M16 WW1 German helmet.

Regards,
    Finn

?

Nice period peice : dedication reads (more or less): To our Main radio master for his wedding, 25 Feb 41, the commrades from staff Le.Art.Ers.Abt7.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Oberfunkmeister was a rank designation for soldiers of the signals branch; it was the equivalent to Oberfeldwebel.
    (The ranks for signals NCOs were: Funkunteroffizier, Funkunterfeldwebel, Funkmeister, Oberfunkmeister and Stabsfunkmeister.)

I like it.

Cheers, Ade.

A very nice period piece , cheers Raymond

nice, but I could be wrong, but I saw some similar type bust's on ebay, not that I am saying it is the same thing, just that I saw some on there that had almost the same pose, like I said I only gave those a glance, so if I am way off base, then just dis- reguard. I don't think the one on ebay had a plaque. it is a very nice looking piece.

Thanks a lot!

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    nice, but I could be wrong, but I saw some similar type bust's on ebay, not that I am saying it is the same thing, just that I saw some on there that had almost the same pose, like I said I only gave those a glance, so if I am way off base, then just dis- reguard. I don't think the one on ebay had a plaque. it is a very nice looking piece.
    Hi Marty, while this one is a very nice original, there are many similar items on the market which are not. They have been faked for a good 35 years since I started collecting. Usually the castings are poor and often the dedications feature spelling mistakes or bad grammar or they are nearly always dedicated to famous units.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by michaelsilesia View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    I hope you didn't take that wrong, I never meant it was the same thing, like I said I just glanced at the other bust, I dont think it had a marble base, or a plaque, just kind of the same pose, really you have a very nice piece, the info & the date really make it stand out. thanks for showing it, if you took what I said wrong then please accept my apology, I never meant it was the same thing at all, if I would have had the money, I would have bid on the bust on ebay, because it looked nice. ADE, i never meant this was off ebay, I was just saying I guess they had a copy, it wasn't as detailed as this at all. I meant no harm.
    regards Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast