Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

West Wall Miniature Book?

Article about: Got this really neat little piece the other day. Just a little thing. A miniature West Wall "book" with a picture and printed message inside in multiple languages asking the finder

MAP
    ?

Default West Wall Miniature Book?

Got this really neat little piece the other day. Just a little thing.

A miniature West Wall "book" with a picture and printed message inside in multiple languages asking the finder of the book to contact the family if "misfortune" should happen.

I've never seen one of these nor do I even know if it is period.

As you can see it is cracked and someone repaired it (not too well I may say). It is plastic with a polished metal cover. Under a loop, on the backside of the cover I can see old rust. Not visible to the naked eye.

I think its cool. If period or not.

Thoughts?

M

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement West Wall Miniature Book?
    P
    Many

Can't advise you on this one, but they did print inch x two inch propaganda booklets. There was a series of 12 to 15 I believe. I have a couple of the series. This one looks nice, but that's as much as I can say. I don't know enough about them to comment further. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Thanks Stewy. When you say propaganda piece, do you mean for allied troops to pick up?

Not really sure what this is. Who knows when the photo was put in. It was at one time attached to black paper (like in a photo album).

I have a hard time believing this is a "fake" post war piece. There really is no market for these. (It was given to me when I got the Cupal PAB awards).

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No they were sold to the German public to fund the war effort. I think I've posted at least one here somewhere. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Well I doubt this is a propaganda piece give the less than glorious message...LoL

What I was alluding to was the fact that small booklets were period produced. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Doh!!!! Time to bang my head on the wall now...lol

?

Hello,
    Stewy, those little booklets, are they the one's put out by the WHW I think? Is that what you mean when you say propaganda pieces? I wonder if this piece here might have been part of a WHW series using those little booklets.
    Just a thought.
    Duzig(Bill)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Duzig View Post
    Hello,
    Stewy, those little booklets, are they the one's put out by the WHW I think? Is that what you mean when you say propaganda pieces? I wonder if this piece here might have been part of a WHW series using those little booklets.
    Just a thought.
    Duzig(Bill)
    When I first saw it, I thought it was a WHW. But as noted, it has a somber message. So I would doubt it would be a WHW piece....but I really don't know.

Michael

?

Whatever it is, its neat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast