Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wewelsburg Cutlery

Article about: I would like some opinions on this lot that has just come in please. It's a knife fork and spoon marked "Wewelsburg" and the date of 1937 on the reverse. All the cutlery I have see

Default Wewelsburg Cutlery

I would like some opinions on this lot that has just come in please. It's a knife fork and spoon marked "Wewelsburg" and the date of 1937 on the reverse. All the cutlery I have seen fake or real, has always had some reference of the castle with runes etc: This one hasn't? It's just got Wewelsburg on one side, and 1937 on the other. Very plain indeed.

The "story" is that they came from a barracks near the castle, although I can't find any reference to one. I am guessing it's post war engraved, as it doesn't look too fussy and kind of crude, but if you're going to fake something, then surely it would be more elaborate? SS runes etc? They are silver plated (marked 100) stainless steel
    Not sure what to think on these to be honest, so I would welcome some honest opinions
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wewelsburg Cutlery   Wewelsburg Cutlery  

Wewelsburg Cutlery   Wewelsburg Cutlery  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wewelsburg Cutlery
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wewelsburg Cutlery

Engraving seems to be too shiny - look at the other parts of the knife and spoon. 1937 seems like it was engraved yesterday. So sorry, I have very bad feelings about the originality.

It's ok, so do I, just need confirmation

Hi John, I would be of the same opinion as Frundsberg.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Engraving seems to be too shiny - look at the other parts of the knife and spoon. 1937 seems like it was engraved yesterday. So sorry, I have very bad feelings about the originality.
    What he said.

If you look at the scratches on the Wewelsburg they go underneath Thanks for the opinions, i guess i already knew

Please have a look - somebody is selling them already on eBay - wewelsburg silver cutlery 1937 allach german , ahnenerbe , germanien | eBay

Es ist eine Fälschung!
    Sie sehen nicht?

All of the above....sorry, John....no good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."