Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What could this be, urkunde and silver plate.

Article about: How do I know if the urkunde is real? And can anyone tell me more about the plate. Any ideas? Thanks for your replies! //A

Default What could this be, urkunde and silver plate.

How do I know if the urkunde is real? And can anyone tell me more about the plate.
    Any ideas? Thanks for your replies!

//AWhat could this be, urkunde and silver plate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What could this be, urkunde and silver plate.
    P
    Many

Does the plate have any hallmarks on the back or anywhere on it? I'm not quite sure what the plate says or the document with it. I'm sure somebody on here can interpret it. The photo is kind of blurry. What does the silver platter say?

?

I have seen these over the years. Silver Presentation Tray. Is yours about 9-1/4" diameter? From my knowledge these trays were sometimes presented to commanders or other officers upon their retirement or leaving a unit. As wharfrat57 states there should be a maker marking on back stamped and possibly silver content. I had one once that was inscribed that was 4 3/4" with scalloped edges as well. It was the size used for a playing card tray. I have seen larger ones that were used as a wedding serving platter as well. Wish I would not have parted with it. Others here might have a better explanation of what you have as well. Nice piece of history you have.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The Blank Document is a Commendation for "Special Achievements in the Air War"...The Silver Tray appears to be a Farewell Gift for duty at the Luftzeugamt in Koelleda, (Thueringen Region) from June 1938-December 1939...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn View Post
    The Blank Document is a Commendation for "Special Achievements in the Air War"...The Silver Tray appears to be a Farewell Gift for duty at the Luftzeugamt in Koelleda, (Thueringen Region) from June 1938-December 1939...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn! Good to see you my friend! Rossi

Thank you kindly, Rossi! It's a Pleasure to be of Assistance...
    cheers, Glenn

The plate says "June 1938 to December 1939 / Luftzeugamt Külleda". A Luftzeugamt is a Luftwaffe supply depot / aircraft maintenace facility. The place name is misspelled: There is a town named Kölleda in Thuringia, which was the location of an airbase and Luftzeugamt.

The certificate is a blank award document for the Luftwaffe Honor Goblet for Special Achievement in the Air War as bestowed by Göring from 1940 to 1944.

MAP
    ?

Anyone seeing the two big holes drilled into the plate?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Anyone seeing the two big holes drilled into the plate?
    vampire bite? Maybe something was mounted onto the platter? Did not see them until you mentioned it.

MAP
    ?

The odd thing is that the holes do not appear to be in the dead center of the plate.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast