Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this German Item? Flag? Banner? Cover? Tent? I don't have a clue...

Article about: Honestly, I wasn't sure what forum to post this in but here goes... The fabric is a very thick burlap-like material. It's two-sided(marked on both sides) and obviously cut from a larger piec

Default What is this German Item? Flag? Banner? Cover? Tent? I don't have a clue...

Honestly, I wasn't sure what forum to post this in but here goes...

The fabric is a very thick burlap-like material. It's two-sided(marked on both sides) and obviously cut from a larger piece. From wingtip to wingtip is 13 inches. From wreath to the top of the eagle's head is 8 inches.

I'm assuming the brown stains are rust... Not sure what would dried blood look like after 65+ years?... and I don't want to know.
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this German Item?  Flag?  Banner?  Cover? Tent?  I don't have a clue...  What is this German Item?  Flag?  Banner?  Cover? Tent?  I don't have a clue... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this German Item?  Flag?  Banner?  Cover? Tent?  I don't have a clue...
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this German Item? Flag? Banner? Cover? Tent? I don't have a clue...

This has been cut from a rations sack.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: What is this German Item? Flag? Banner? Cover? Tent? I don't have a clue...

Still the cheapest original insignia you can find in this size .. !
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this German Item?  Flag?  Banner?  Cover? Tent?  I don't have a clue... 

kc1
    ?

Also heavily faked

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Also heavily faked
    Ration sack markings are heavily faked? I did not know this. I'm not worried about my sack because It came with a grouping of other German items, including a double-decal lufty M35.

kc1
    ?

Used to come up on fleabay fairly frequently. Compared to making a decoration or cloth item with embroidery they must be amongst the easiest things to knock out. I can't see the necessity for the whermacht to embelish every sack and box it made with an eagle and swastika, they knew it belonged to them and woe betide you if you were found in possession. Read the forgotten soldier for the chained dogs sense of humour failure when one of their own was found with rations from a crashed lorry.

There are quite a few good original ration sacks in the forum, i have one.
    I also think we should start a thread in the forum about these sacks to help recent members compare originals to fakes.

Iv started a database about these.
    Heres the link.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...atabase-66387/

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Iv started a database about these.
    Heres the link.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...atabase-66387/
    Thanks! I will post some detailed pics of my cut-out when I get a chance. I think I'm going to keep it and possibly frame it. There is something about the simplicity of a ration bag that I like, display-wise. It's a keeper.