Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Wittmann Tiger Normandie.

Article about: Always been interested in the Tank battles around Caen in France. Especially those with the 101 Schwere SS Panzers. The famous picture of Wittmanns destroyed turretless Tiger has always fasc

Lightbulb

Quote by Paul D View Post
    ..... does it actually bring any new evidence to the table ?
    I have a copy of the magazine - the article is written by Brian A Reid and is basically a slightly amended update of Appendix E from his book 'No Holding Back - Operation Totalize August 1944'. So there's no sensational new evidence and one has to keep in mind that Lt-Col Reid is Canadian

Personally I respect his analysis into which a lot of research has gone - it's a better-than-usual BaW article, IMPO. I enjoy reading all the different theories and prefer to leave it that, unless I can go back in a time-machine to view the battle in slow motion, I'll never know for sure. Wittmann died in armoured battle, and that's enough for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Three Brummbars were knocked out in the same area as Wittmanns Tiger , some Brummbar relics are now in the Overlord Museum.
    And given that I think there were only 12 or so in the whole Normandie battle that's a lot of scrap iron!

I always thought Brummbars were mini Sturm Tigers..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678