Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WMF presentation piece.

Article about: I am not really sure as to how I should describe this piece as I don't know what it really is. Is it a biscuit barrel, I just don't know. Its made by WMF and I presume it was a civilian piec

Default WMF presentation piece.

I am not really sure as to how I should describe this piece as I don't know what it really is. Is it a biscuit barrel, I just don't know. Its made by WMF and I presume it was a civilian piece that was engraved to fir into an event or similar. It got a chestnut pattern to it and is a bit worn in places and like nothing i have seen before. I think its some form of a early flying insignia on the side and I can't read the writing. Any help on this one would be much appreciated. Sorry the pictures are not better, but they were taken some time ago with an old camera and a bad operator.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WMF presentation piece.   WMF presentation piece.  

WMF presentation piece.   WMF presentation piece.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WMF presentation piece.
    P
    Many

The logo is for the Deutscher Luftsportverband [DLV]. The inscription says "Ehrenpreis Deutschlandflug 1935".

The insignia is for the DLV = Deutsche Luftsportverband.

I cannot make out the inscription. But I feel the whole thing is period.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys for the info, there is always somebody on this great Forum who will come to the rescue.
    D

?

For me a one looker!

Somewhere here is a cast iron box for the DLV Deutschlandflug from my collection-i baught it with a period ring.
    In ths case i did some researching and found every city hit by this flights had prices for th participants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WMF presentation piece.  
    Last edited by odal; 11-08-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Yes, no doubt about its originality. I was just unsure as to what it was for. An unusual item any day of the week.
    D

nice find.