Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wooden wall eagle, what do you think??

Article about: Hello, i Bougth this wooden wall eagle, i never seen one like this before, do you think its period? i know its hard to tell , it is RZM marked and i dont know if that is good or bad. all fak

Default Wooden wall eagle, what do you think??

Hello,

i bougth this wooden wall eagle, i never seen one like this before, do you think it is period? i know its
    hard to tell , it is RZM marked and i dont know if that is good or bad. all fakers can make RZM stamp offcourse.
    i paid alot of money, i took the chance maybe it is a reproduction or made under the period.
    even if you all say its bad fantasy piece i am still ok with that ,for me its a nice looking bird.
    and it will display good! and will probably hang on my wall til i die, so its no investment. just like it its big 120 cm wide and 85 high and weigth 5 kg.

All opinions are apriciated! best regards Tobias.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wooden wall eagle, what do you think??
    P
    Many

I see there is another carwed wooden wall eagel discussed at the forum before.

Wall wooden eagle

and to mee it looks like some tried to copy the type of eagle i bougth , but no good.
    just my opinion.

as long there is no period pictures its nearly impossible to say i guess.

I think it's a possible. It appears to have a bit of age to it and appears from back to have been hanging on a wall for some time (blackened area where tail end touched the wall). It also may have been denazified, as the swas wood tone doesn't quite match the pale wood. So that could be a more recent addition. Plenty of nazi eagles survived on buildings post war once the swas was removed.

?

Tough call without some provenance - Whatever it still makes a nice decorator within a collection
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thank you Anderson and Horst for the reply, i hope the Eagle will land here at the end of the week.

Cheers!

MAP
    ?

The is one big piece of wood!

Certainly has age to it and I like it. But I have zero idea as to the period it was made.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP i guess we will never know for sure, but i am looking forward to see it on my wall!

Cheers!

mpw
    ?

A very well carved piece for sure and certainly has some age to it. I like the way whoever constructed the eagle used wood stains for effect. If the Reichszeugmeisterei is correct then perhaps searching for similar wooden artefacts with similar staining might help with determining the period of manufacture. Such as cultural plates etc.
    Sometimes you can search and search in vain for information and then years down the line by chance you see an old image and there sits the item. Good luck.

Rgd's, Mark.

Thank you Mark! yeah i will continue as always to search and look for more info, spend alot of time looking back at militaria
    online auctions archives and all the militaria dealers! if i found out more about this eagle i will offcourse post it here.

Best regards Tobias

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast