Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german lighter

Article about: Hi Guys I know you've all seen this sort of stuff before, I brought this lighter back in 2004 from a small flea market in France The old lady said it doesn't work so I could have it for 12 E

Default Ww2 german lighter

Hi Guys I know you've all seen this sort of stuff before, I brought this lighter back in 2004

from a small flea market in France The old lady said it doesn't work so I could have it for 12 Euro

but after a bit of bartering I got it for 7 Euro, The wheel didn't move no wick or wadding and the flint screw was stuck solid

So when I got home I set to work on it after persevering for some time I got it up and running, New wick, wadding and flint

Anyway guys after the story do you think it could be a genuine ww2 piece or just a piece of crap I fell in love with
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german lighter   Ww2 german lighter  

Ww2 german lighter   Ww2 german lighter  

Attached Images Attached Images Ww2 german lighter 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german lighter
    P
    Many

It's a German lighter of the era, but someone has decided to crap it up with all sorts of absurd "extras" to boost the selling price. Hope you didn't pay a ton for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

No I only paid 7 Euro, Question do you think the sweet old lady is knocking them out but she didn't have any more lighters or any other military
    items, Or some one else using not working period lighters to deceive, I brought this on my honeymoon so now it as bit of sentimental value and there is just something about this one to me anyway, But you don't know about these sweet old ladies haha

Never trust old Granny women in a flea market....even here in the States! lol
    William

I don't think anyone would go to the lengths of tarting up a 2 euro lighter to then sell it for 7 euros.
    Quite a bit of work involved with the eagle for 5 euros IMO??

Perhaps it had previously been 100 Euros? It did not sell-no one believed it, so..."Here Granny...sell this at the flea market...get what you can for it"...
    William

I'm bit unsure about this one myself, Like you said it mite of been 100 Euros to start with, I came along 12 Euros not working I got it for 7 Euros, On the last day of my honeymoon I went back to the flea market to the same stall just to check if she put any more on no more, Could this just be a good one Any ideas what the marking stand for is it 29th Grenadier Division of the SS ?