Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 random barn finds

Article about: The first item I thought I'd share just because you wouldn't have thought it was Army issue. Salter Trade kitchen Scales- Broad arrow, 1939! They were used for years on our farm to weigh agr

ILH
    ?

Default 2 random barn finds

The first item I thought I'd share just because you wouldn't have thought it was Army issue. Salter Trade kitchen Scales- Broad arrow, 1939!
    They were used for years on our farm to weigh agrichemicals!- origionally issued to the WRNS billeted here when the Naval Pay Ofiice moved to avoid bombing raids.

The second came from the Air Cadets at Wantage. I know it's RAF (it's plywood by the way- 30 Cal box for scale) but beyond that...?
    early tail fin box?

cheers,
    jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 random barn finds   2 random barn finds  

2 random barn finds  

Default Re: 2 random barn finds

Hi.

Nice one m8

VAMPY

Hi it is marked 6A/ this is the code for instruments navigational and optical i think i know what it is going to check my books etc have a hunch its an instrument fitted to a lanc /heavybomber electrical compass instrument thingy will get back to you on this as it will now bug me but the code is right.

what do those metal plates say please?

ILH
    ?

Thanks Airwarrior,

Someone on another forum sugested optical or navigation equip, but no further details.

The brass bits are for sliding card labels into- unfortunately they don't say anything. I'll grab some measurements tomorow, but it's about 2 foot heigh and a foot in diameter.

jim.

It is not optical definately instrument at first thought it was camera.Camera air ministry designation code is 14/ .It is compass related im sure but cant find anything as yet! i am on the case.

Cant find it in my books thought id have it covered here! o.k im gonna stick my neck out here think it is for the Lancaster master compass.The compass can be seen on a website called spitfirespares.com