Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

2011 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: This is not a sniper scope, it has no turrets for elevation or windage. It is a gun sighting scope as used in tanks or on artillery pieces. John

?

Default Re: 2011 Carboot finds Etc

The frame was used by armourers to zero in sights, we used to use one on Hythe and Ash ranges, i dont know if it had other uses

Hi Dave
    thanks for your reply, I've found the following which is of interest.

Aim Teaching Devices

Regards
    Gary

?

Hi Gary, yes its quite right ,i didnt word my comments very well, we used them on the ranges for that very purpose, ie aiming and instruction on aiming , zeroing is a more complicated issue but we used them for the telescopic sights that we had , it was easier to teach that way rather than hold the rifle and zero in

Wow - you are lucky finding all this stuff. all I ever see at car boots is all the junk, although I have seen a few gas masks and way-overpriced helmets.

You must be getting there early, and have some good carboots near you!

Not had the chance to go to many boot sales lately, found this British WD stove a couple of weeks ago and used it as part of a display I put on at Wallingford Town Hall last week, during the Rememberance weekend, as a change to the normal items I would display, I decided to show a collection of cookers and related items on one of the tables.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Well 2012 has arrived, I've had a few finds already this year, so I'm going to start a 2012 Carboot finds, so look out for it shortly, here's something I picked up a couple of weeks ago.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Quote by garys39 View Post
    Saturday 30th finds, not much today, but an interesting Japanese shell and case, 1945 booklet regarding the US use of Atomic Energy for military use and a little modern kit.
    Nice Jap Tsu Jo Dan shell! These were originally of French Hotchkiss design and the Japs used these rounds in their Naval deck guns mainly-calibre is either 47-50mm cant remember now and quite expensive too at £70-85 each!! Regards, Tim.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10