Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

2011 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: This is not a sniper scope, it has no turrets for elevation or windage. It is a gun sighting scope as used in tanks or on artillery pieces. John

Default Re: 2011 Carboot finds Etc

Sunday 5th June, only possible military find at the boot sale today was an old unusual bag, canvas front and back, with leather sides/bottom, numbers stamped inside the cover, is it military ? From the tip today though was a military item, a R1155 Air Ministry Receiver, saved from being crushed up in the small electical scrap bin !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Inside photo and close up of bag, any ideas anyone
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Saturday 11th June, todays finds, a couple of 1950's printed books and a money box grenade.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

I love the AM receiver, well done for saving it. Lucky you were in the right place at the right time. Its sicking to think of all the stuff thats dumped and not rescued.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Sunday 12th June, out early before the rain arrived, a bit of a mixed bag today, 1950's RASC uniform and black beret, Air Ministry interior light and dimmer switch, faded green beret, scabbard for a WW1 German bayonet, some badges/buttons, etc, most interesting though is the Jungle hat, I think the badge (48/58) is for the Northamptonshire regiment, with a Bantam/Cockerel badge on the otherside, which appears to put it in the Korean theatre of operations, I'm not so sure though that the curtain cord is a period attachment ? The 48/58 badge is held on by 4x pressed studs/poppers.
    The little red book is a fold out WW11 RAF Police Identity Card.
    Rain arrived 8.30, back home by 9, toast/marmite and a cup of tea.
    Regards
    Gary

Saturday 18th June, P4A compass and books from this mornings carboot, 2x air ministry axes, leather case and a boxed air ministry "Hot Wire Ampmeter 10 Amp" were from a local fete (from a guy there selling old tools etc), where I did a small militaria display. The leather case is for the ZA23119 WWII British Monocular "TABBY" Night Vision Device.
    Out again tomorrow morning.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

?

hello
    the 2 axe are crash axe we still use it in the canadian air force in the the crash truck for open the canapy

Hi Gary, the "Tabby" set was a nice find. You have a lot of sucess, well done.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, it was only an empty case, but some where I do have a Tabby Device, it's just finding where I've put it !
    Today was another good day, not something that really turns up very often, but today I picked up 5x medals, which I think are Father & Son, WW1 pair to PTE G Goddard Welsh R and WW11 War Medal, 39/45 Star and a Burma Star with the issue document to Pte G Goddard and the wording "The Council share your sorrow that Pte G Goddard in respect of whose service these Awards are granted did not live to receive them".
    The lady selling them said they were something her husband had bought with some old pocket watches and did not want, so charged me the princely sum of £15 !
    I did think they might be the same man but the CWGC show 3x Pte G Goddards who are all in their 20's.
    The other carboot items were pair RAF wings, 2x aircraft Rolls Royce tools (aircraft link I think), US belt, 1944 cartridge carrier "WE Patt 1937" and a Mk6 helmet+camo scarf.
    The other items in the photo came from a local auction (yesterday) where I'd left bids, but they only rang me today to tell me I'd been successful.
    A box containing about 50/60 WW11 maps, some navigational intruments, 2x 1944 map cases and the red thing shown in the middle of the first picture (anyone any ideas ?).
    I also got a boxed gas mask with an evacuee label, though not having seen one like this before, I'm uncertain if it's actually a wartime item (see 3rd picture further down).

Picture below showing the gasmask and label.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast