MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

2011 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: This is not a sniper scope, it has no turrets for elevation or windage. It is a gun sighting scope as used in tanks or on artillery pieces. John

Default 2011 Carboot finds Etc

I thought last year that I should start a thread of my finds for one year, but never did it, so I will post here what I find through this year from car boots and local auctions etc.
    Yesterday was the start of my years first finds, it's normally quiet this time of year, but my local village auction turned up the following. They are a 1936 Luger holster attached to a Sam Brown belt and a Keigsmarine sailors souvenir pillow cover, made from Naval Tallies and qualification badges, both items submitted by a lady who lives in the village. Also bought a small box of British Army badges, again from the same source.
    Till the next find ?
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Default Re: 2011 Carboot finds Etc

Latest find from a couple of weeks ago at the local auction, I'll let the pictures do the talking

Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc   2011 Carboot finds Etc  

?

no photos gary

Following items were picked this morning at my local carboot, WD 1940 petrol can, 18pdr shell and case, and what I think is a German WW1 sniper scope.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2011 Carboot finds Etc  

?

Hi garys39,
    show please pics of stamps on sniper scope.
    Regards,
    Dennis.

After the carboot sale, it was off to work for the morning, then a brief visit to my brother, to cut down a rotten fruit tree and then to the local tip to take some recycling from work (paper/cardboard). While putting the paper in the recycler, a lady backed her car up and proceeded to unload some manuals. I saw that they were helicopter parts/workshop manuals and so I asked if I could have them. She said yes and so we loaded them into my car (she was clearing her loft and they were her husbands).
    When I got home, I discovered that the following were also in the bottom of one of the boxes.
    3x RAF trades man log books (for helicopters) and a NATO army combat survival manual (from the late 1970's), tucked into the manual was a hand drawn/coloured map.
    Talk about the "right place at the right time" ! 10x minutes later and they would have disappeared for ever into the recycler.
    Regards Gary

2011 Carboot finds Etc  

Hi Dennis
    the plate is missing, just visable in the photo is a small hole and I think this is where the dial and plate/markings were. It is very similar to a couple of other German scopes in my collection.
    Regards Gary

?

Dear Gary,
    show please pics of stamps on sniper scope.
    Regards,
    Dennis.
    This or no?-https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...-kahles-44601/

Hi Dennis
    there are no markings on the scope.
    Regards
    Gary

2011 Carboot finds Etc  

?

Very sorry.
    What do you think, how much is your scope?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast