Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2012 Carboot finds Etc

Article about: Saturday 9th June & Sunday 10th, Saturdays find were, WD & Air ministry tools, US Barcalo spanners and a nice Goss china piece, in the shape of a "Trench Motar". Sunday day

?

Default Re: 2012 Carboot finds Etc

The mock up toy gun is probably a childs toy.

What a great group of items! I have not been so lucky, but I am hoping my luck will change at the next local military show!

Justin

Am I right in thinking that the Northover projector spanner has "Northover Projector" marked on it? I can't quite see from the photo. Great finds!

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the Northover projector spanner has "Northover Projector" marked on it? I can't quite see from the photo. Great finds!
    Hi, I've attached a close up photo, this is the second one I've found, the last one was at a garage/workshop sale in an old barn, the place was stuffed full of car parts, furniture and some WD items, when I found the spanner, I searched through every corner etc, looking to see if there was a drainpipe looking thing buried in amongst all the junk, unfortunately nothing like that was found !
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Good stuff. The Sten V I did look at twice after first glance. Interesting what people can knock up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, when I saw it laying in the grass, my heart skipped a beat, it was definately some thing I was not expecting to see at this type of sale !
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc  

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Sunday 8th, 2x boots visited, weather damp but plenty of people turned up to sell, another mixed bag of items, 30 cal ammo box, WD & AM tools/rulers, US torch, 43 dated small pack, 1940 petrol can and best of all a Wrens junior ratings hat, dated 1944 and signed inside with messages to "Joan", most notable the message "Yes ! My Love From a Bad Bunch of Canucks 803 Sqn", these messages are dated to Oct 1945.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2012 Carboot finds Etc   2012 Carboot finds Etc  

2012 Carboot finds Etc  

I love the WRNS cap.

Cheers, Lez.

I really must be looking at the wrong car boot sales, the only things I ever see for sale is fake designer clothing and manky old teddy bears

I do really like the Sten copy though, you must have quickened your step when it you seen it I have an idea about its history though, it could be possible that it was used by the home gaurd as some sort of practice/instructional weapon. I think I've seen dummy Lee Enfield rifles for the same purpose in the past, so why not a Sten too?

Thanks

Danny

Quote by garys39 View Post
    Well a slow start so far this year, first find a nice pair of 6x30 Zeiss binoculars from a local charity shop and then from my local auction house a Japanese soldiers personal good luck flag, with also in the box of odds a silk RAF 1950's escape map for North Africa, I bid blind on this lot, as I could not get to auction, the photo on the web showed small china pottery pieces and just in the corner of the photo you could see the edge of the Japanese flag, phoned a cheeky bid through and got lucky.
    Another local auction produced a large German munitions box, which I bought for £10, which was cheap as normally local dealers buy these for more, strip them, polish them and sell them off for storage trunks (anyone know from the remains of the label, what it might have held ?).

I do not read German very well but could it may have been a 40 stick dynamite box??
    Burt

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast