Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2014 Carboot Finds Etc

Article about: I thought I would post my finds for this year, from bootsales and local auctions, etc. I went to my local village auction yesterday and was fortunate to pick up the the following trunk, from

Death penny could be this guy RICHARDSON, ROLAND AUGUSTINE
    Service No:28384
    Date of Death:28/03/1918
    Regiment/Service:King's Own (Royal Lancaster Regiment)
    1st Bn.
    Panel Reference Bay 2.
    Memorial ARRAS MEMORIAL

April 12th, local vintage farm/tool sale, 2x WW1 wire cutters, WW1 entrenching tools, WW2 spanners/gas mask and tool bag. Tankard is marked VE Day 1945 HMS Bherunda, which I believe is a RNAS Station (Colombo Racecourse Airstrip).
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

Sunday 13th April, local carboot produced only 1x thing of interest, a SASS private purchase smock, in very good condition, badged to RAF Regiment.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014 Carboot Finds Etc   2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

You will find alot of DPM items now on the car boots sales with MTP coming in could be a collector item in years to come

A nice smock and made in Britain too, i hear British uniforms are made in China now!...

Yes Gunny most of the kit is made in China from uniforms to tents ,hope there is never a war against them otherwise the British army would be fighting in the nude

I've been a bit slack this summer, so I will try to catch up and show some of my summer finds. First off this little group from the local boot sale. Interesting ashtray marked to RN SBS Retired Memebers Association.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

On a damp Sunday morning, picked up this medal at the local bootsale from a dealer, silver war medal to the Reverand P D Devas, an interesting find.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014 Carboot Finds Etc   2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

Another summer purchase from the local auction house, this lot went unseen by most people at the auction as it was on a back shelf in a dusty card board box, only 1 other bidder, who had left a bid of £100 and the hammer dropped to me at £105. These photos show only the WW1 items, half as much again in mixed WW2 paper work also. The most outstanding item was a Soldiers Small Book to a R W Robinson (KIA), 10th Battn Lincs Regt No 1353, inside was a note written in 1976, by someone who had visited the Commonwealth War Graves Commision, to find out his details and where he was buried. Also tucked inside was a postcard sized prayer and the letter that would have come with a death plaque, I think.
    Regards Gary

2014 Carboot Finds Etc   2014 Carboot Finds Etc  

A few more of this years finds, all at one one car boot, the part of horse harness is 1916 dated and unused, it was in a box of bridles and other assorted horse items, but it just so stood out as military issue that I couldn't miss it. The bronze photo frame is a bit special, I've not seen anything this big before.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast