Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

5 Buchon Messerschmitts "found"

Article about: Found this link: Platinum Fighter Sales | Warbird and Classic Aircraft For Sale Been in storage for 45 years! Now up for sale. Who wants one??

Default 5 Buchon Messerschmitts "found"

Found this link:

Platinum Fighter Sales | Warbird and Classic Aircraft For Sale

Been in storage for 45 years! Now up for sale. Who wants one??

I'll take two!...

It's the ex BoB Buchon's from the film, I think they sold for around $6000 a piece at the time. Fair play to Connie Edwards for hanging onto these untouched for 45 years, and the lovely Mk.IX Spit that's also for sale.

Here's a great video of the time warp hanger he had them in along with a load of other aircraft and parts. Just check out those rows of Merlin's!!

Who knows, I may have to let one of my Picasso's go........

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'll take two!...
    Hey Gunny, there's a 2 seater going........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Few Pictures:

It is a well known stash, my understanding from people close to Connie was that he took airframes in lieu of payment at the end of filming as the production was pretty much broke. But the reality is probably totally different. However, he has been consistently delusiuonal about the real value of these airframes IMO the buchons are at best 75k projects, they need huge amounts of expensive work to become operational, and they still aren't messerschmidts. The children's air force sold their flying buchon a few years ago for about 350k if memory serves, these are low demand airframes for the guys with money for a host of reasons - it is a trickey bird to handle on the ground and the cockpit generally can't accomodate 250-300 pound american millionaires. On the same listing you can get flying P-51's for about thre same price. As nice as the Spitfire is , to fy it would need about 2 mil in attention. $$ put into a mechanical project does not axiomatically equate to real value or equity at the finish line. It is a buyers market these days for warbirds. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and what they eventually actually sell for. I wonder if the other stuff will come up for sale too? the PBY, gruman geese and piaggo's, the sherman and all the P-51 spares?

?

Would love to own them all.

?

I always thought that they could have shortened the spinner nose slightly so it was,nt so pointed, that always spoilt it for me, but if i had the money i,d have the lot as well, you could hire them out , even if they did,nt fly , you could get your money back in a couple of tears, especially if they were used as static airfield planes in films, or as ground taxiing

?

Nice planes. They definitely look the part of a Messerschmitt. I think I will focus on acquiring an authentic kubelwagen first. Easy to store and work on