Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

7 Months Worth of Finds!

Article about: Hi All, I just realized it's been about 7 months since I lasted posted my latest finds, so I thought I would do it now. There are a lot of photos, but I hope you enjoy! Up first is set of WW

?

Default 7 Months Worth of Finds!

Hi All,
    I just realized it's been about 7 months since I lasted posted my latest finds, so I thought I would do it now. There are a lot of photos, but I hope you enjoy!

Up first is set of WWII EM Summer and Crusher Style visor caps

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

WWI compass by Cruchon & Emons

7 Months Worth of Finds!
    7 Months Worth of Finds!

Gillette shaving kit with initials engraved on the front

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

WWI Bugle by JW York & Sons

WWII J38 Telegraph Key by Lionel

R-15 Signal Corps Headphones for use with the J38

WWI Ammo Box for .30cal

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

WWII Westinghouse M1 liner rewebbed for Vietnam

WWI M1910 Canteen by Brauer Bros.

7 Months Worth of Finds!

Vietnam Era or later .50cal ammo box re designated as a first aid box

7 Months Worth of Finds!

WWII Sweetheart Pillow Case

7 Months Worth of Finds!

Set of WWI Columbia Certificates - KIA and WIA

General purpose bag - 1980's

7 Months Worth of Finds!

WWII/Korean War Sleeping Bag - Cover dated 1951 and wool liner dated 1944

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

30th ID group consisting of a tunic, 1917 helmet and Divisional History book

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

Camo shirt and jacket - Vietnam to 1980's

Vietnam Jungle Shirt

7 Months Worth of Finds!

WWII Navy cap

Various Garrison Caps

7 Months Worth of Finds!

Various VFW caps

WWII Service uniform, Aerial Gunner Wings and various Ribbons bars and insignia. I'm using these items to put together a memorial uniform for my great uncle who was a TT gunner and KIA.

WWII XX Corps Ike jacket and shirt with bullion insignia and sewn on ribbons bars

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

I acquired this book while cleaning out the house of a WWI vet. I believe the book was put together by the vet's son. A real cool piece!

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

Various magazines, photos, newspapers and lithographs ranging from WWI on up.

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!
    7 Months Worth of Finds!

This was a grouping I picked up that belonged to two brothers. It consists of the medals, insignia, photos, postcards and various other item. A real neat grouping, especially the photos!

7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!7 Months Worth of Finds!

That's it for now. I'll make sure I don't go too long between postings. I hope you enjoyed and please feel free to leave comments, good or bad. Thanks!

Default Re: 7 Months Worth of Finds!

That is alot of stuff.
    Chris

?

Nice finds.

I love the 30th. I.D. grouping. Whereabouts in PA do you do your militaria shopping?

Nice items, also loved the 30 th I.D. stuff!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanks, all, for the kind words! The 30th ID group (which by the way is not named or attributed to one person) is my favorite find as well, along with the XX Corps Ike.

OB,
    I'm in Southeastern PA, right outside of Philly but visit Adamstown, PA (about 6 hours SE from Erie) frequently. Adamstown, if your unfamiliar with it, is the self proclaimed antique capital of the world and home of Renninger's, which is an indoor/outdoor antique market open on Sunday's with anywhere from 400-600 antique dealers and yardsaler's. In addition to Renningers, there are tons of dealers and antique shops/markets in Adamstown.

I also hit a lot of garage sales in my area and have a dealer I visit on occassion in Cheltenham, PA.

In addition, I recently started placing want ad's for militaria on Craigslist, which is how I obtained the Ike, sleeping bag and WWI ammo box, amongst other items.

And finally, I'm on the board of a non-profit thrift shop and am given first option to purchase any military items found during house cleanouts or given as donations to the shop.

Awesome stuff!

Great stuff man! I love the WWI items.

?

Some fantastic pieces there hope your next seven months is just as good !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

wow that is a lot of stuff