Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

75mm shell casing 1940, sten gun magazine and padlock find!

Article about: Worked at the same farm for a couple of days like I did for about a month ago. In the same storehouse as last time now I found a 75mm shell casing, four padlocks and a very rusty sten gun ma

?

Default 75mm shell casing 1940, sten gun magazine and padlock find!

Worked at the same farm for a couple of days like I did for about a month ago. In the same storehouse as last time now I found a 75mm shell casing, four padlocks and a very rusty sten gun magazine, all in the same room.

The shell casing that I actually found had an unused fuse, but instead I got a shell casing which had been used, and was otherwise identical. I wonder why my grandfather didn't wanted me to have an unused fuse? What could possibly go wrong...? No, lol, of course I get it, not sure it it's even legal.

The magazine had a look close to a relic, and there were no sign or marks after any black paint, so my guess is that it was originally in this color. Fixed it up with a steel brush and a power drill.

S. 63 (at the left)

Off -> (bottom, arrow points to the right)

Hardly visible on the pictures (not great pictures either), but the markings are: "Raufoss", "1940" and a £ or very close to the pound icon and a H on top of that, hard to explain.

Not military, at least I don't think so. Looks great though, I displayed the one with less rust and thats the one at the pictures. Found four, but two of them are locked in each other...
    "Trio"

Finally some original WW2 items on my shelf!

Looks like I have just started to collect Norwegian items as well, even though I just though about German items at first.

The Sten mag would have originally had a dull grey phosphated / Parkerised type finish.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

You are probably right!

It was rusted beyond recognition and I couldn't make out what color it once was.

Flotte funn!

That Raufoss 75mm shell casing is a very nice find, if you ever want to get rid of it, let me know
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Your STEN mag is exactly the same construction as one I have, there aren't many constructed with a separate piece spot welded to the rear and all this type that I've seen are in the white, no paint, bluing or park what so ever.