Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Army dump finds

Article about: Hi there, folks! Here are some trinkets from the military shop and privately owned army dump (near Novi Sad, Serbia) I visited several weeks ago. There are literally tons of cheap army stuff

Default Army dump finds

Hi there, folks!

Here are some trinkets from the military shop and privately owned army dump (near Novi Sad, Serbia) I visited several weeks ago. There are literally tons of cheap army stuff there (mostly Yugoslav Peoples Army garbage, YPA, or JNA in serbian). I found these Yugoslav Universal Helmets (JUŠ) M59/85 on a large pile several metres high. It was quite a difficult climb, but I managed to find two ones in a good condition Camouflage covers and nets I got for free. Near the helmet hill was a nice “sculpture” made of old m57 rocket launchers (Yugoslav variant of Russian RPG-2). Other stuff include: one practice antitank rifle grenade (in serbian BTKM M68) made of plastic and aluminium (used with M48 Mauser rifle, SKS and AK-47), ammo pouch for M48 rifle, two entrenching tools - old US AMES 1944 (with cyrillic initials M.П) and a brand new one, tri-fold type, still in use by the serbian army. There is also a pickaxe stamped with year 1953 (I can’t figure out the makers’ mark) and another practice round, 30mm caliber, obviously from the m53/59 Praga SPAAG. It’s unfired, and full of gunpowder. The projectile has a broken tip, it’s made of some sort of white plastic with rusted iron parts inside. Any help about this type of ammo is appreciated.

Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg   6.jpg  

7.jpg   8.jpg  

9.jpg   10.jpg  

11.jpg   12.jpg  

13.jpg   14.jpg  

15.jpg   16.jpg  

17.jpg   18.jpg  

19.jpg   20.jpg  

21.jpg   22.jpg  

23.jpg   24.jpg  

25.jpg   26.jpg  

27.jpg   28.jpg  

29.jpg  

?

Default Re: Army dump finds

Great pictures still probably tons of those helmet laying around

Default Re: Army dump finds

nice - wouldn't mind picking one helmet up :-)
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/