Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Attic find"

Article about: This is allomost to good to be true! A few months ago, on the job where i get to visit alotta folks, i'm at this old ladys house doing what i have to, when this lady says, out of the blue: Y

dave34
    ?

Default "Attic find"

This is allomost to good to be true!

A few months ago, on the job where i get to visit alotta folks, i'm at this old ladys house doing what i have to, when this lady says, out of the blue: Young man...are'nt you aware of who you're visiting?
    I have to admit i'm not but ...She then tells me she shook A.H.'s hand!!! I'm shocked..surprised and finally asks her how and when.
    It turns out this old lady was at the 1936 olympics and had a few stories to tell!
    To make this one short this is what we found in her attic :-D

Today we're good friends, she enjoys my visits and an ear that'll listen to her stories, as kids and relatives are fed up i guess.

p.s. Hersteller on the Athletes-badge is:
    L. Chr. Lauer, Nürnberg-Berlin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Attic find"   "Attic find"  

"Attic find"   "Attic find"  

"Attic find"   "Attic find"  

Default Re: "Attic find"

OH MY WORD!!!!!!

That's absolutely AMAZING!!!! Just... stunning!!!!

dave34
    ?

Yes it was a day i'd worked without pay :-)

Read somewhere that the bronze youth award was made in just about 20.000 copies and the athletes badge should be around 14.000 produced!

She's also sure we'll find the small box the bronze came in as she remembers having seen it recently (knowing when a lady at that age says recently it could be 40 years ago :-)

Your a lucky guy mate, in some very special company! Make sure you make the most of your time with the lady in question!

Hi Dave.
    What a find you must be over the moon to see that lot, think how many stories she could tell you. Amazing collection of items
    I would love to talk to a person like that, you are a very lucky
    man to even see them. thank for showing them.
    dave,

dave34
    ?

I tell you i am and i'm afraid even my family and friends are tired hearing about this by now :-)
    She's such a dear old lady and yes we have really good times, going on walks or just sitting at her place drinking coffe and havin a biscuit..Talking :-)
    When she gave it to me ( also got pics both private and press which she signed) i told her i'd mow her lawn, polish her windows.. just about WHATEVER she'd need help for from now on and forever.
    Just smiled and told me to buy her a box of really good red wine (not french) and keep coming to visit.

Yes it's a dream, i never really dared have, which have come true

What a grand old gal, good on her! And compliments to you for being kind to her.

Now thats what you CALL! a merry xmas what a find Dave
    cheers Ronnie

awsome little story and items good for you

?

You should ask here to right down or record her stories for posterity.

Hummel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast