Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Awesome estate sale find!

Article about: The WWII National Defnse Ribbon has a yellow background. Here you go. The picture is a WWII ribbon

Default Awesome estate sale find!

Hi today I went to 2 estate sales and pick up these magnificent items! But could anyone helmet me identify the ribbon on the bottom left? - Nick K

Awesome estate sale find!Awesome estate sale find!Awesome estate sale find!Awesome estate sale find!Awesome estate sale find!Awesome estate sale find!

Default Re: Awesome estate sale find!

Bottom left ribbon of the six looks to be for an American World War 2 Victory medal, somewhat faded.

Wow, you are truly a lucky guy for finding military items........dave h

Very nice finds. All I usually find are broken power tools and old clothes. Non-military, of course.

and my apologies, the ribbon next to the American Victory Medal ribbon appears to be World War I

World War I Occupation Medal Ribbon

Criteria: Awarded to any service member who performed occupation garrison duty in either Germany, or the former Austria-Hungary, between the dates of November 12, 1918 and July 11, 1923.

Note: This service ribbon is issued by the military along with an accompanying medal.

World War I Occupation Medal Ribbon (Model #:582 AWWIOR)

Great finds. Are you going to research the man?

All I find; baby toys, clothes, rusty drill bits, an occasional Chinese knife.

Funny that he shows two ribbons for award of the Army Good Conduct Medal (the red ribbon w/white stripes)-should be one ribbon with a knot device signifying a second award-otherwise very cool find.

Sargetom

Interestingly, the middle row left ribbon with 4 stars appears to be

European - African - Middle Eastern Campaign Medal Ribbon

Criteria: Awarded for any service performed between December 7, 1941 and March 2, 1946 provided such service was performed in the geographical theater areas of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East. For those service members who participated in multiple battle campaigns, service stars are authorized to the decoration with the arrowhead device awarded for any airborne or amphibious operations performed. The Fleet Marine Force combat operation insignia is also authorized for certain sailors. The following campaigns are recognized by service stars to the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal: Egypt-Libya: 11 Jun 42 - 12 Feb 43; Air Offensive, Europe: 4 Jul 42 - 5 Jun 44; Algeria-French Morocco: 8-11 Nov 42; Tunisia: 12 Nov 42 - 13 May 43; Sicily: 14 May 43 - 17 Aug 43; Naples-Foggia: 18 Aug 43 - 21 Jan 44; Anzio: 22 Jan 44 - 24 May 44; Rome-Arno: 22 Jan 44 - 9 Sep 44; Normandy: 6 Jun 44 - 24 Jul 44; Northern France: 25 Jul 44 - 14 Sep 44; Southern France: 15 Aug 44 - 14 Sep 44; Northern Apennines: 10 Sep 44 - 4 Apr 45; Rhineland: 15 Sep 44 - 21 Mar 45; Ardennes-Alsace: 16 Dec 44 - 25 Jan 45; Central Europe: 22 Mar 45 - 11 May 45; Po Valley: 5 Apr 45 - 8 May 45. For those service members who did not participate in a designated battle campaign, the following "blanket campaigns" are authorized to the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, denoted by service stars: Antisubmarine: 7 Dec 41 - 2 Sep 45; Ground Combat: 7 Dec 41 - 2 Sep 45; Air Combat: 7 Dec 41 - 2 Sep 45.

But it is displayed upside down.

I seriously doubt these are all original to the jacket. But nice ribbons nonetheless.

?

The top 2 ribbons are Vietnam period if they are on the same bar.
    The 12th Army group is a good one. Activated july of 44 with General Omar Bradley in command. The command was the largest command ever organized in US military history. It was inactivated with the German surrender and operations control transfered to the United States Forces European Theater.
    SteveR

And this is ALL ORIGINAL the reason for the 2 good conduct is because i wanted to included the national defense ribbon but it was with a good conduct and i couldnt replace it but this is strait from the relative of this soldier this stuff was found in the pocket when I bought it. And thanks all. - Nick K

Also since I dont know what order the medals should be in can anyone tell me please. - Nick K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast