Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This Barn is FULL!!!!

Article about: quite a nice find, indeed. In the 60's I was traveling a lot of Pennsylvania back roads, for no good reason. I came upon a flea market type place that had outbuildings which were formerly ch

Default Re: This Barn is FULL!!!!

any weapon stocks?

?

Funny that I have found no weapon stocks...yet...
    He had some years ago but sold them..he may have more..who knows

Dean

?

Outstanding find.
    Welcome to the forum.

?

If you have the Alladins cave of aircraft parts , then you could earn a small fortune by offering certain parts to the various restorers all over the world, especially the Lancaster parts as there are only three flying examples in existence as far as i know, The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight here in England is one such restoration as they have the Lanc, a couple of spits and i think a couple of hurricanes, genuine parts are getting pretty rare now, but what a find,you lucky man

?

Welcome Dean!!!! That is one heck of a find!! Wow I would love to find something like that!!! Your a lucky guy!

?

Hello and Thank you AKbear....however a lot of people refer to me as a luckiy guy for finding this site...as they do when I talk about a 1750s British Army site in Ontario that still has visible trenches..and I have dug a pile of stuff out of there...well if people consider that I research for many years ,find nothing most of the time..but do find a good spot once in awhile, lucky..
    I am not knocking you or your reply..thats great

Over 20 years of research for the French Indian War site...thats the British site I mentioned...there are barns all over the world..if you don't take the time to look and talk to people..you will never find them,,you are in the US..your Veterans could bring back much more than ours here in Canada...and your Country sold far more surplus.....talk to people..and drive along back roads..always ask farmers if they have anything...works for me!!!

Have a Great Day..and again NO insult intended......luck is where you find it..and it may be next door to you!!!!

Dean

Quote by davejb View Post
    If you have the Alladins cave of aircraft parts , then you could earn a small fortune by offering certain parts to the various restorers all over the world, especially the Lancaster parts as there are only three flying examples in existence as far as i know, The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight here in England is one such restoration as they have the Lanc, a couple of spits and i think a couple of hurricanes, genuine parts are getting pretty rare now, but what a find,you lucky man
    I think thers only 2 airworthy examples ( I could be wrong), the BBMF Lanc 'City Of Lincoln' and one in Canada (CWHM?). Theres also one up the road from RAF Coningsbyat East Kirkby and that one is trying to et heritage funding for a 'Lanc to the skies' project.

I'm lucky enough to be based on XI Sqn at Coningsby and the Lanc, Hurricane and Spits all practice over our site. I think the last time I looked, BBMF had 5 Spitfires, 2 Hurricans, the DC3, The Lanc, and 2 Chipmunks for tail wheel training.

Dean, If you come across any Inglis made Bren stuff give me a shout. (depeding on legal items due to UK regs)

Cheers, Chris.

?

There are 2 flying Lancs right now, The City of Lincoln in the UK and one out of Hamiliton Ontario...A Place in Nanton Alberta has one with 2 Engines running..they are working on the other 2 engines...and I have heard that a 4th Lanc is being made air worthy in the UK..they mentioned it will take about 2 years.

Also in Toronto there is a group restoring another Lanc..but only to static display..I have donated parts to them.

Dean

Quote by CampX View Post
    There are 2 flying Lancs right now, The City of Lincoln in the UK and one out of Hamiliton Ontario...A Place in Nanton Alberta has one with 2 Engines running..they are working on the other 2 engines...and I have heard that a 4th Lanc is being made air worthy in the UK..they mentioned it will take about 2 years.

Also in Toronto there is a group restoring another Lanc..but only to static display..I have donated parts to them.

Dean
    Yeah, i think the one thats got about 2 years of work is the East Kirby Lanc. It already does fast taxi runs with all 4 engines and has been close to lift off a few times. I watched one of the BBMF spitfire doing a practice joint display with one of the Typhoons and the DC3 taxied past when I was waiting to cross the runway today. That always brightens my day!

Back your pick up to it! Nice find!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast