Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Binoculars: Goerz 6x24 Armee-Trieder

Article about: Hi! These binoculars were found in the attic of an old house in western part of Estonia. The leather case and the binoculars have the same makers mark C. P. Goerz, Berlin. On the binoculars

?

Default Binoculars: Goerz 6x24 Armee-Trieder

Hi!

These binoculars were found in the attic of an old house in western part of Estonia. The leather case and the binoculars have the same makers mark C. P. Goerz, Berlin. On the binoculars there's also: 6x24 Armee-Trieder, D.R.P., serial nr: 375169 and a letter K (the letter is not factory made, IMHO). If i would use my wild imagination, then I would say the letter "K" stands for "Kaitsevägi" in estonian language (eng: "defence force"). Any other opinions? I would also like know is it WWI era binocular or is it made after the war? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Binoculars: Goerz 6x24 Armee-Trieder

Late reply here, but they look to be in nice shape with lots of proof and maker marks.It seems rather odd know one has given you some info. These guy's seem to be pretty much on top of things here. I got a couple reply's on a pair of binoculars I posted. A key word,and I did some googling and found out what I had. You have a lot to go on.

?

I never saw that kind of pouch, firstly I tought that this pouch is not for binocular, but looks very interesting to me
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Mate,

They look to German issue probably used in WW1 your model number is 03 (1903), I have a set with a different design in a very simmilar case but mine are model 08 but are dated 1917,

Regards

Jock