Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A box found in Germany 1945

Article about: Hi Guys, Ive been asked to help identify this box,which was brought back from Germany towards the end of the war.Its dimensions are length 260mm x width 160 mm x 130mm. its got some interest

Default A box found in Germany 1945

Hi Guys,
    Ive been asked to help identify this box,which was brought back from Germany towards the end of the war.Its dimensions are length 260mm x width 160 mm x 130mm. its got some interesting marks on the metal label,however it could just be a simple card index box,or something more interesting.Any information would,as ever be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A box found in Germany 1945   A box found in Germany 1945  

A box found in Germany 1945  

Sorry for digging out such an ancient thread but I see it for the first time.
    Message for the owner of the relict - this is a WWII Kriegsmarine box for sailor personal items.

Brilliant! Any idea what the plate detail relates to,name and i.d. number possibly? Thanks again for your reply,you're never too late

I believe the MSTA stands for Marine Stabsarzt . A military commissioned medical doctor.

Sorry it took 5 years to get you a reply ( you're a patient person ) but there is always someone who knows. Hope for us all......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "