Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cap Badges from Box Lot at a local auction.

Article about: Hi Folks - Picked these up in a box lot at a local auction. I've not been able to find anything out about them and am hoping one of the resident experts might have an idea. Maybe not even US

Default Cap Badges from Box Lot at a local auction.

Hi Folks -

Picked these up in a box lot at a local auction. I've not been able to find anything out about them and am hoping one of the resident experts might have an idea. Maybe not even US items, but have to start somewhere. They were is an are with a number of other CW items.

The backside of one has been modified, but looks like it was originally meant to be sewn on and then screwbacks, two broken, added. 4"W x 3"H and quite a heavy, pressed brass. The other is intact and was pinned or sewn on.

Thanks for looking!

- Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Badges from Box Lot at a local auction.   Cap Badges from Box Lot at a local auction.  

Cap Badges from Box Lot at a local auction.
    Maybe an early version of the U.S. Army Ordnance corps insignia?...

Belgian?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

French ?

19th / early 20th Century French Artillery badges. Similar design can be seen on some WW1 Adrian Helmets. The crossed cannons and the "flaming bomb".

Thank you Jamie!

You are certainly correct. I have a collection of WW1 Adrians and should have made the connection. Getting old is not a fun thing....

I'm thinking these would have been used on a Tschako style cap, rather than a kepi. But may well be wrong. They were in a bag with two Prussian leather watch fobs.

And..., as much as I search, I cannot find any badge that is similar with the crossed cannons and grenade on top?? Arrgghh...

Best regards!
    - Mike

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    19th / early 20th Century French Artillery badges. Similar design can be seen on some WW1 Adrian Helmets. The crossed cannons and the "flaming bomb".
    You are correct Jamie, but all the examples i have seen have the letters "RF" in the centre!...

Cap Badges from Box Lot at a local auction.Italian. The flaming bomb kind of matches the hat badge on Carabiniere's hats, that's all I knew. This website says its an Italian Artillery cap badge.

Jay

My eyes are failing me. After posting I can now see quite a difference between original post and the one I posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast