Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Car Boot Sale Finds

Article about: I went to a local car boot sale and managed to get this little lot of items for £5 in total. The Shell case is a 77mm german shell - dated 1917. Quite pleased with them all. Does anyone reco

Thought so. I had one exactly the same and it triggered a memory, looked so familiar it could be the same one!

?

Another Sunday - another boot fair. I managed to find several bits this week too.

First I got an M1 Garand clip marked 'SA', followed by a French (i believe) WW1 shell case which came from a local house clearance.

Finally I found a WW1 Victory Medal issued to 48257 Driver S G C Bishop RA. (I asked the seller where the medal came from - it was from a house clearance just 1 mile from where I live).
    I have not researched the medal yet so will have to see what I find out about him!
    Car Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale Finds

?

Nice award. I like the named medal. Wish the U.S. ones were named. Springfield Arsenal made clip is nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

I managed to get to a Boot sale again today as the weather was quite settled, although it was rather cold.

I found a Royal Field Artillery collar badge with kit bag lock, vickers .50 cal cartridge dated 1938 & British army Jack Knife made by J Clarke & Son Sheffield 1942.

Car Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale Finds

there is a thread for the jack knifes, bang it on there, plenty to relate too.

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.

?

I managed to make it to another boot sale today and just found a couple of items. First find was what I believe to be a WW1 British officers sam browne belt. I also came across a foot powder tin which i believe to be WW2.
    Car Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale FindsCar Boot Sale Finds

?

Nice finds. Powdwer full? Shame the belt does not have the cross strap. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Yeah the powder is still 3/4 full!
    I know, I'll have to look out for the cross strap - won't hold my breath though!

?

You may get lucky. Rich A. in Pa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast