Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Car boot sale finds

Article about: This is what i found at a local carboot sale im totally blown away by it all.Father and son collection from a fresh house clearance.The son s/sgt Cutler from Solihull i have his dog tags,Med

Default Car boot sale finds

This is what i found at a local carboot sale im totally blown away by it all.Father and son collection from a fresh house clearance.The son s/sgt Cutler from Solihull i have his dog tags,Medals,service book,patches inc a surveyor trade patch tons of paperwork inc all his wartime diarys.I have his b/d dated 1943 2 knives xi named two side caps loads of brass buttons badges etc.For his father trench art coal scuttle named J Cutler Valencienes.Aclock made from a German shell.Lots of paperwork and photos and 16 1915 dated maps very grubby definately been there.I have 2 letters from 1st army Army service corps saying how when the King came to visit 1st army hq Pvt Cutler drove the king about the camp.Im just shocked at this find my best ever and had to share with you guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot sale finds   Car boot sale finds  

Car boot sale finds   Car boot sale finds  

Car boot sale finds  

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Car boot sale finds

Wonderful, I keep wondering why the relatives let go of family history like this..

Cheers Jan

Its amazing how a family can get rid of this type of history but its gone to a good home thats all that matters.I shall treasure it you should have seen some of the dusty old antiques the seller had as well the house must have been a time capsule!!

What a superb collection.

Unbelievable that they sold it all at a carboot sale but there's no figuring some people.......

Steve T

?

Very nice , shows what's still out there !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I dont know if anyone knows what it is but in the picture showing the jackknifes there is an aluminium tube with a screw lid and a glass tube inside this came from the inner pocket of the battledress looks like for tablets? is it a wartime issue bit of equipment?

Amazing!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Great find and with some karma to go with it.
    "Its amazing how a family can get rid of this type of history"

There are times when there is no family left to care because they are so far removed. I think it best that
    it returns to a collector for safe keeping at that time.

While I love the things I have "collected" I will sell them to a good home if it means a roof over my head.
    I am in a position were I am probably the only keeper left of Family memorabilia and if left, those would
    also go to a boot/garage sale. Before that happened I would need to let go to some one that would take
    care and treasure like in this case.

Again, great find
    Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa