Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carboot finds today by the wife

Article about: I will ask her, she got it from a car boot in cheshire.

Default Carboot finds today by the wife

The wife bought these at the carboot sale today, finally years of training is paying off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carboot finds today by the wife   Carboot finds today by the wife  

Default Re: Carboot finds today by the wife

You have her trained well just joking, but those are a very nice selection of finds, i wish car boot sales around here were like that, all we get is complete and utter junk

Thanks for showing

Danny

The ground finds are not really my thing but the cross is very nice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carboot finds today by the wife  

Very nice finds. Looks like your wife came across a metal detectorist selling off some of his stuff

Well done to the mrs !

Steve T

Best thing my wife Sarah found at junk market was a canvas satchell Air Ministry marked and dated 1943. Whwn i looked inside i found it was a complete medical kit for RAF bomber crews. Everything inside was complete and unopened inc burn gloves and creams, bandages, splints and various other items. I asked the guy what he wanted for it and he said "well, its just rubbish so a fiver". I later sold on to a collector of RAF stuff and he snatched it off me for £65.00! Not bad for a fiver!!! You really have to look in these junk markets and car-boots as you never know just what you might find and having a little knowledge goes a hell of a long way. regards, Tim.

That cross is a very nice piece of trench art cool miltaria just incase you didnt know it was probably made by a German and 'Gott mit uns' means 'God with us' finally I've found a use for standard grade german

Thanks

Danny

Thanks for the info Gasmasksuk, Here is another cross I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carboot finds today by the wife  

zephyr4, great finds.....is that a piece MG 08 feed belt i see in the box ?......

I know it's part of a machine gun belt but that's about it.

z4

zephyr4, IMO it is a section of the ammo belt from a German heavy machine gun the MG 08, the so called ' Devils Paint brush ',the standard machine gun of the Imperial German Army. Great find, do you think your wife could find me one !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast