Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Charity Shop Finds

Article about: First an apology - not been around much of late. Nothing wrong, just general busyness. Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways, I have a passion for books and a passion for rooting around in charity shops. Just

Wink Charity Shop Finds

First an apology - not been around much of late. Nothing wrong, just general busyness. Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways, I have a passion for books and a passion for rooting around in charity shops. Just thought it would be nice to share some of the lovely books I've managed to find.

This lot was the haul (and haul is pretty accurate) from last Wednesday. The seven books cost me a grand total of a tenner, and the three on the Home Front are brand harry spankers. The two books with the black & white photos on the cover are part of Time-Life's WW2 series; on the left is the one on the Italian Campaign and on the right is "Prelude to War".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charity Shop Finds   Charity Shop Finds  

Charity Shop Finds  

Default Re: Charity Shop Finds

nice - i got some nice books and even photos in thrift stores.

The ''MEN OF STEEL'' just from the title will be fantastic to read.It will descrides the hardest soldiers of all time IMO:The SS Panzer corps

Nice military book finds. I also own and have read
    'Men Of Steel' - it is very good.........
    Regards,

Steve.

In that case, I'll make sure to read it Most of what I've got / read is on the allied forces.

I actually bought "Men of Steel" and "Fortress Europe" for my mum. She was a little girl in occupied Belgium during the war and that sort of thing interests her. Doesn't mean it doesn't interest me too

Not a charity shop find per se, but mum and I volunteer for a local charity. This was dropped in a box of junk to dispose of after the monthly jumble sale. Needless to say, my mum has an eagle eye and brought this for me.

Ordanance survey map sheet 111 (Bath & Bristol), one inch to one statute mile, published in 1941 by the War Office. There are a couple of holes in the folds, but otherwise the sheet is in pretty good nick. Now I'm wondering whether anyone can tell me if maps like this were available to the general public, or whether their use was restricted to the military and the civil defence services...

Charity Shop Finds
    Charity Shop Finds

Quote by Reynard View Post
    Not a charity shop find per se, but mum and I volunteer for a local charity. This was dropped in a box of junk to dispose of after the monthly jumble sale. Needless to say, my mum has an eagle eye and brought this for me.

Ordanance survey map sheet 111 (Bath & Bristol), one inch to one statute mile, published in 1941 by the War Office. There are a couple of holes in the folds, but otherwise the sheet is in pretty good nick. Now I'm wondering whether anyone can tell me if maps like this were available to the general public, or whether their use was restricted to the military and the civil defence services...

Charity Shop Finds
    Charity Shop Finds
    FieldenMaps.info / OS Map Series Illustrated Guide / 1-inch War Revisions
    According to this site they were produced for military use only!...

Thanks Gunny, that's nice to know Thanks for looking it up.

No idea on a date, but for £2 you can't go wrong
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charity Shop Finds  

?

Nice finds! especially like the wartime map, I've got a thing for old maps for some reason!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast