Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage

Article about: Hi all. Wasn't sure where to put this as I didn't want to clog up the world camo thread if they turn out to be rubbish. I picked this jacket and trouser set up recently but am not sure if th

Default Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage

Hi all. Wasn't sure where to put this as I didn't want to clog up the world camo thread if they turn out to be rubbish. I picked this jacket and trouser set up recently but am not sure if they are the real deal or commercial reproductions. Any advice would be great. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage   Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage  

Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage   Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage  

Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage   Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage  

Chinese Type 03 Plateau Pattern "Tibet- Tarn" Camouflage  

?

Nice uniform. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Why a Tibet camo? For the grass? I was 15 times in Tibet.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

From what I gather "Tibet- Tarn" is a collector term due to its use in Tibet by the PLA and its similarity to German Flecktarn. In reality I believe it is for issue in any mountainous/ dry area. Cheers.

It's hard to see the army, except in Lhassa, and I never took pictures of them= Jail.

In Amdo, Kham, sometimes the army but the roads are closed to turists.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/