Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A couple U.S. jackets

Article about: I went out Friday morning and found a few items at a few garage sales . The USMC jacket and the WAVE jacket are a husband wife set. The German Navy ID book was a nice surprise. Does anybody

?

Default A couple U.S. jackets

I went out Friday morning and found a few items at a few garage sales . The USMC jacket and the WAVE jacket are a husband wife set. The German Navy ID book was a nice surprise. Does anybody know what the white diamond patch is for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple U.S. jackets   A couple U.S. jackets  

A couple U.S. jackets   A couple U.S. jackets  

A couple U.S. jackets   A couple U.S. jackets  

A couple U.S. jackets  

Default Re: A couple U.S. jackets

Very nice.

I love the ID booklet. Absolutely superb !

Steve T

?

Steve the book is a great ref. for german ships. I don't think it was used much because its still in great shape. Gary

?

I believe that the white diamond is an early insignia for discharged US Marine personnel before the " ruptured duck " was used at the end of the war. I might be wrong but I think that is what it is. It is hard to find on Marine tunics because of its short time of use.
    Steve

?

Steve cool thanks for the info. The daughter said Dad met Mom in the hospital. This is my first USMC item I try to stick to army i'm running out of room. Gary

?

I forgot to mention that the other patch is a ships detachment patch. That is a harder to find one also. You have a real nice tunic there.

?

Steve thanks again the ships detachment patch wa easy to find but I could not find the white one in my books. Gary

?

The white diamond is definitely a discharge insignia used early in the war great find