Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Craigslist

Article about: by Adrian You may be right on those. They look better the more I look at them but would benefit from some better photos. Indeed, especially for its counterpart IMO.

Default Craigslist

I found a big group of items on Craigslist and I have never used the site much before. Have you guys had good experiences on there? Do some of the items look worthwhile? I know a few from my limited experience are bad, and I have asked for more pictures, and Ill list them in there appropriate section when I get them.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Craigslist   Craigslist  

Craigslist   Craigslist  

Craigslist   Craigslist  

Craigslist   Craigslist  

Craigslist   Craigslist  

Default Re: Craigslist

I see a few bad once in there, be careful. Nice find however.

Seems like about 50% are bad but I am new to German collecting, hopefully I can find a few authentic items...

?

The box of SS items are surely all fake, box #4 with the badges is full of fakes, the Riker cases of tinnies stand a chance as does the long thin case with the party badges and few medals.

I'm sure someone else can fill in with their thoughts on the other pieces.

Using sites like this boils down to knowing what you're buying, taking the risk that you will receive what you think you bid on and being cautious. If in doubt - don't!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The box of SS items are surely all fake, box #4 with the badges is full of fakes, the Riker cases of tinnies stand a chance as does the long thin case with the party badges and few medals.

I'm sure someone else can fill in with their thoughts on the other pieces.

Using sites like this boils down to knowing what you're buying, taking the risk that you will receive what you think you bid on and being cautious. If in doubt - don't!
    With all do respect, I wouldn't dismiss the dachau style ss collar tabs (item-130) just yet. In fact, from what I can see, I like them. The rest of the items in that box look suspect IMO and are indeed more than likely fake however. I would like to see more pictures of item 200 just to be sure though. Pictures are not of the best quality which is also suspect IMO. This may be due to its a family members selling them, or they may be trying to hide something, all the fakes!!!
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 02-25-2013 at 10:41 AM.

I've heard Craigslist is very much like fleabay, as in buyer beware!...

Im interested in getting the DJ pin in the 5th picture if its real and I am still hunting for a NSDAP party pin
    Thanks for the help Adrian, I believe you are interested in the DJ and forestry items as well? I would like to collect them if I could afford it

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Thanks for the help Adrian, I believe you are interested in the DJ and forestry items as well? I would like to collect them if I could afford it
    I haven't got any items yet unfortunately but hunting and forestry is an area I'm thinking of branching into. (Pun intended..... )

I have some deer antler trophies dated from the 1930s which need a few accoutrements from the period for display.

The swords, the HJ diamond, Many of the tinnies, the Annexation medal, the War Merit medal, the Russian Front medal(s), the ribbon bars, Maybe a buckle or 2 are good looking....but the rest appears to be junk-Especially the box with the honor roll clasps and tank and paratrooper badge-and if the prices shown are indicative of any of the rest, they want a ludicrous amount for their stuff.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    With all do respect, I wouldn't dismiss the dachau style ss collar tabs (item-130) just yet. In fact, from what I can see, I like them.
    You may be right on those. They look better the more I look at them but would benefit from some better photos.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast