Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Does anyone recognise this flag/ banner?

Article about: Hi all. Just posting this in the hopes that someone may recognise what it is for. It is designed to hang vertically, so more of a banner I guess and is about 8ft in length. The checkered shi

Default Does anyone recognise this flag/ banner?

Hi all. Just posting this in the hopes that someone may recognise what it is for. It is designed to hang vertically, so more of a banner I guess and is about 8ft in length. The checkered shield reminded me of Croatia, although maybe its just something for reenactment. Any thoughts are welcome. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone recognise  this flag/ banner?  

The Croatian shield has 5 alternating red and white squares horizontally!....

guess that's it.

I have just made a research in google. Found nothing. More likely to be a flag of a Croatia army division, just guessing

It does not look like anything that I have seen before. I doubt that it is from the NDH period(1941-5). I would hazard a guess and say it is from one of the many Croatian pro-Ustashe group in post-war to modern times.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks a little like something to do with or against Ustascha?? Just at a guess!